Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Punto (van) MK2 lowered 50mm

Punto Enthusiast
    Right - here's an update...

Gaymie Quin has gone, I don't think he'll upset ppl again (I didn't kill him - he's at home with backache)..

ANYWAY BACK TO ME!! My stupid punto had a bodge on the sump, which fell out and subsequently, so did all of my ****íng oil!!!

Right. I've managed to get a snap of the stickers on one side. The sump is alloy, and was welded by a pikey last night so should be fine. His caravan smelt of cheese and gunpowder - but thats another paragraph entirely.

So. Sump sorted. I put 15W40 oil in.. Kwik Fit put in the reccommended 5W40 but its an old dog engine and I don't fancy thin shít in there.... Everything is nice again. No knock on the rear suspension - lad fixed everything for me which was nice. His missus is fit btw - but thats another (anuva uvva) paragraph again.

Has anyone got a standard JTD Fiat I could look at?? I've been told my van had been fiddled with before I played with the ecu.. Standard boost was set at 0.95bar MAX on the boost map. Just wanted to know if thats high cos I've got it on 1.05bar MAX and it feels nicer - 1.15bar is alright, I usually add 0.2bar when remapping but this feels better with less (hence me tuning cars on the road and driving them, as opposed to strapping to a rolling road - getting 2-3 runs - seeing an increase but not really knowing what 'feels' best in the real world).

I've finished ranting... here's the pic

Shot at 2011-12-15

Punto know it all
    What have you actually "tuned"?

Punto Enthusiast
    Loads of cars... Add me on facebook to check customer feedback.

BMW/Audi/VW/Porsche/Fiat/Ford (started cracking those ECUs last May)/ and a few others.... the most recent cars are

BMW Mini Cooper S - two weeks ago
    Ford Fiesta 1.6 Zetec - last week
    Vauxhall Combo 1.7dti - two weeks ago
    Ford Focus 1.8 zetec for HTEC elite (they have full rolling road setup - i write tunefiles as well as do the remapping)
    a few BMW files for HTEC Elite last week also
    Citroén Saxo 1.6 VTR Saturday just gone
    'scratches head'...
    Did a file for my friend's car the other day and didn't charge - 1.9 Seat Toledo VP37 110hp

so yes. i do actually tune cars. i'm not here to make money - i'm not a sponsor.

I do what I do. And I'm enjoying it. Very small - I work from home, I don't have a workshop - most people come to me. Or I meet them at their chosen RR location. Saturday before last I was at another tuning company discussing ideas and comparing standard files with each other after modification... I then went on to Nottingham to do a couple cars.... made my way to Donnington the following day, then was at Leicester teaching a larger tuning company HOW to modify files themselves... a lot of companies pay for their files to be modified - I actually read the .bin file and adjust the data myself. Which is why I can change the data and re-flash the ecu while the car is still here. Making it a personal job.

I can't think of any more recent cars. But a lot of the newer 2009-2011 vehicles I've tune with tuning protection I can get through. Bring me a brand new 'Tricore Protected' ecu and I'll crack it within the day! If its got an eprom/motherboard i'll be able to read and then modify the data (and keep it looking exactly the same).. The checksum usually changes when you make a mod file. But I smugly demonstrated a file modification on a 320i BMW, then corrected the checksum and made it look like nothing had happened to the file.. Not something a lot of tuners can do - but if a diagnostic tool was plugged in, the actual 'math' of the file would look factory.

Thank you for listening.

Punto Enthusiast
    I've got a drift team looking to get their 'fleet' remapped. And Shawn Taylor Racing in Norwich has called me to do some work on a couple of their cars/vans....

In fact - Shawn Taylor (who I know) had one of his M3s remapped by Superchips, and saw 190hp (how dysmal) on the dyno.. I've yet to read the file and work my magic for him on that. One of his mechanics had his own vehicle remapped by myself, and its all word of mouth. Do one good job and you'll get a plethora of enquiries :-)

(you thought I wasn't gonna respond, didn't you?)

Banned
    also, he mapped my audi a3 1.8 20vt quattro i had too...

and that murked differently!

Punto Enthusiast
    What car have you got sicskate? It doesn't say...

Punto Enthusiast
    Jamie that 180hp A3 beat a 260hp Subaru at Snetterton a couple of months ago..

Alex Hardy owns it now.... said he loves it still

Banned
    it WAS 180bhp.. lol

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Dude, you really should wind your neck. Don't log on to a Punto forum bitching about punto's. You obviously have no idea what's going on in the Punto tuning scene so why don't you take 5 minutes to have a look instead of acting like a complete Cnut. For the record, I've had 2 GT's that piss on standard cooper S's, one that kept up with an evo, a 300+ bhp 200sx and now building a 2ltr 16vt in a mk1. So your 17 year old theory is a load of sh1t.

There are also plenty of GT's here that will be smashing 250bhp and have done already.

You got my back up with your first comment and was me that made the mods aware of it, being an ex mod myself. Stop acting like a pr1ck or fcuk off.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.398069,-0.045004

Punto Enthusiast
    Its probably a piece of shít punto like mine... I bought it to save money.

They aren't good cars. I bought it because it was very cheap, and I was low on funds - in a collision they crumble - god i'd hate to crash in that thing over 40mph because I know I'll die.

The whole 'testosterone' gloating doesn't prove anything. Lets be adult here - I joined this site for ideas and the odd tip/bit of help when something falls off (which undoubtedly, will happen)...

Its a cheap rubbish car that has been turned into a van. It promotes what I do - and I get phone calls from parking it on roundabouts etc... I wouldn't park a vehicle that was worth anything far from my home. Punto's are gas... the end. Lets stop kidding ourselves and get back to learning from each other on here thank you :-)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast