Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSC Moderator

Punto Sports Club Member dru1989's Avatar
    to be fair to you guys though have just had a look in parts for sale and have seen thats all add's before jan 09 have been deleted, so well done for that.

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    I confess that I did some physical removing of actual double posts, with that reason, even some that had been soft deleted by the OP. My thinking being that they were only taking up unneeded space. Whether or not this caused annoying, extra PMs from PSC Moderator to that effect, I do not know. If so, "mea culpa", I was only trying to do a good job.

Ooo, a double post whilst talking of removing double posts... how ironic
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Epic fail right there pmsl

Punto Enthusiast
    In regards to the classifieds the starlet forum have got a pretty good ststem, there is a standars template that must be used when selling parts, it ensures evrything is detailed correctly, contains pictures and postage details, when sold the op sets to sold and a mod then know to remove, the template is in the thread field as soon as u try to post in clasifieds, if not used the post deleted. Better system because everything is in first post rather then like 5 after people have asked for pics, location prive condition which shouldve all been in first post! Just my 2 pence i know im just a noob here but have been on alot of car forums!

We've tried that a few years ago and it was useless on here.

All For Sale threads need approval by a moderator before they're active. The mod makes sure there is a pic(s) and a price and points out anything else needed in the initial reply.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Fiat forum works in the same way too. Just because it didn't work a few years ago doesn't mean it wouldn't work at present tho.

PSC sex offender no.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Quite alot. Users don't get PMs for every action either.

Looking at my 'new posts' search, half the threads have been moderated in some way according to a little indicator.
    A number of those threads will have been actual double posts being moderated. That is hardly a valid indication of the moderation required.

Calling us all "gimps" could be construed as rude Robin, as well as the other things you definitively suggested. Im all for a laugh and name calling, but when its meant as a stern insult then it can be defined as rude

It was jumping the gun because as I explained, using 'double post' as my reasoning was purely an 'Auto Complete' mistake. You jumped the gun by suggesting it was wrong (was a mistake I admitted too) and then suggested it was in constant use and used as a reason for deleting anything a moderatored wanted.

I doubt any moderators take any liberties at all in the hope of not upsetting anyone.
    I suggested that a majority of the Mod team couldn't find their own crack with both hands and an atlas. Or words to that effect
    I stand by that opinion and until I am proven otherwise shall continue to do so.

That's still not jumping the gun though is it...I complained that I felt it was a mistake and it was. Ergo I didn't 'jump the gun' I stated my opinion and it was confirmed as fact.
    There was no gun to jump.

Like I have said, about a dozen times in the last few days, the first reason was a mistake.

It should of been in daily chat, all that was going on in that thread. Or better still, smutty chat should be kept off of this forum and to MSN, Facebook or another medium.
    Even you have been guilty of smutty chat in your time so you can hardly play the 'holier than thou' card here.

Generally, stuff thats off topic won't get moved to daily chat just because it is a more appropriate place for it, it'll just get deleted, its the posters fault. Stuff that gets moved are threads, not posts, that are often placed in the wrong sub forum or similar. I don't think there is a need to call in to question the time taken, the effort put in or not as some believe of the moderators etc.
    Which is where splitting threads comes into play.
    Thread gets split, main thread can continue and off-topic chat is split and entered into daily chat. Daily chat auto-deletes each 24 hours...problem solved.

I left the thread at that after your out burst, hence the reaminding off-topicness remaining. I'll go and clean it up now though, now im part assured you won't be too bothered by it and would welcome it!

Your opinions are noted and have already been discussed.
    Then I shall eagerly await my meeting with the mod team and admins to discuss the issues I have with the current staff and forum policies.
    Except that won't happen because....

Im not bothered if its personal or not, I don't care about any individual on here enough to worry about it, my only concern is the forum itself.

Its a shame you feel that the change over has been such a flop.
    There are an increase in database errors, random double posts, increased server lag...which parts do you view as a success in the change-over?

If all you care about is the forum then repair it!

Thank you for your time and input SuperDan....I think we shall have to agree to disagree on the points we have both raised against each other.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Without getting into some kind of raging argument here id like to put accross my thoughts to the last post and hope that they are portrayed in thr correct way as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by crabbo_1 View Post
    A number of those threads will have been actual double posts being moderated. That is hardly a valid indication of the moderation required.

A lot of threads are moderated in a way that is simple. Deleting double posts, moderating text, Other jobs all take time, Moderation is done for the benefit of a generalized user base. Not for specific circumstances or users.

Also if a post is moderated via tapatalk there is no reason option so none can be given

I suggested that a majority of the Mod team couldn't find their own crack with both hands and an atlas. Or words to that effect
    I stand by that opinion and until I am proven otherwise shall continue to do so.

This is a bit strong - for what reason does this comment come about. I certainly cannot recall getting a phone call from national geographic needing me to come in for a photoshoot of my seating area?

That's still not jumping the gun though is it...I complained that I felt it was a mistake and it was. Ergo I didn't 'jump the gun' I stated my opinion and it was confirmed as fact.

If a mistake was made due to autocomplete then thats a genuine error. and it cannot be rectified later and dosnt need to be continously talked about really

Even you have been guilty of smutty chat in your time so you can hardly play the 'holier than thou' card here.

Ok everybody can get a bit of this at some point. Its general human nature. Though sometimes it can be taken in a different way to what it is meant. This can cause some problems. and something that needs to be improved upon in the "future" moving forward.

Thread gets split, main thread can continue and off-topic chat is split and entered into daily chat. Daily chat auto-deletes each 24 hours...problem solved.

Hmm splitting threads - This isnt used often as who can draw the line at where a thread should be split. If it is split and people complain then that causes issues. If there is a specific issue being covered than maybe a new thread is needed. Some threads are split when they are so far away from topic but its not really an option used a lot due to the above reasoning.

Then I shall eagerly await my meeting with the mod team and admins to discuss the issues I have with the current staff and forum policies.
    Maybe an agm will take place at some point.

There are an increase in database errors, random double posts, increased server lag...which parts do you view as a success in the change-over?

In this case there are some errors durring the transfer. They are being worked upon, Also upgrades which are already overdue are looking to be put into place. This is a gradual effort and in the sense of being a success the forum is transferred and up and running again and saving the club some money. Also allowing us to move the site forward in ways we would hope benefit all members.

Thank you for your time and input SuperDan....I think we shall have to agree to disagree on the points we have both raised against each other.
    I hope that you take these points im trying to make on board.

Im pretty sure moderators Dont read every Thread every day on The forum. So if you see something you feel needs moderating please use the report button. That will help us with the missed threads
    It is there for that reason

Quote Originally Posted by crabbo_1 View Post

I just answred a simple question.

As well as what I quoted... You never mentioned any atlas or similar. You called us all gimps, and thats all that really matters when you say "it wasn't rude"

What fact? You didn't claim anything was a mistake. Some posts were deleted and you went on the offensive.

I definately don't recall anything to the effect you and others spout on a daily basis. Suggestive 'lad chat' doesnt fall in to the same catagory IMO.

For example. If a classified ad goes off topic, you can't just split off the tangent and start a whole new thread in daily chat, it doesnt have any substance. More often than not, its a continuation of the same discussion from another thread. If it goes off topic it gets deleted unless there is a requirement it is split. Rather citing the moderators at wrong, why don't users just start threads in the correct place, or keep off topic chat to its own thread.?

You have aired your thoughts, if there are more then you should of highlighted them with this great big long moan in the first place.

And it won't happen because anything you want to suggest, comment on, moan about... can be done in the appropriate sub forum, no secrets heres. Otherwise PM me or Wilky or similar.

I thought you were refering to the change of hands from Chris to what it is now, not the server change. If thats what you want to moan about, do it somewhere quiet our of the way. The change was necessary and the issues that arised have been outlined and apologiesed for. No use crying of spilt milk.

It is a success because the forum is still here 100% and 99% of the features work. There are a few bugs which are been sorted bit by bit. Im not a computer genius though...

Server lag is probably due to the fact the forum is collossal, something else we can now get on with sorting out, its probably taking up 50% more storage than it needs to.

Just repeating myself now though...

In progress

Im not sure why you've decided to broadside me from, or the rest of the current moderators. Its a little fickle. I didn't and don't have any issue with you . I've answered your points but you repeat in bending what happened to your liking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast