Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSC Moderator

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Nor was 'pointless sh1t' when I deleted a handful of completely off topic posts, but staff and members, including yourself, jumped on me for not being professional. Just making a point

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    If a post is deleted it is deleted for a reason and the reason is given.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    No moderator is going to the trouble of deleting posts one by one and personalising the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CaL View Post
    Oi biggest **** stirrer of them all, what is your point? Trying to catch me out again... You read well Cal, but have read too far into it again.

I cleared up a thread the other day, and gave a general reason. Well it was a two pronged reason, it was a 'bore fest' regarding the moaning, and also 'off topic' because it was vastly off topic, as well as a host of other things too.

Im not going to delete peoples posts one by one, giving them all an individual reason for the moderation, neither is Tim, Si, Matt, Dan or Tom. We'll just round them up and remove them, move them, edit them or whatever.

Todd: IIRC, there was more too it than that, and it is in the past.

Punto know it all
    Tbh I think deleting posts and putting borefest is pretty funny.

On average, how many posts a week does a mod remove? Might help to quantify for us that don't know.

PSC sex offender no.1
    I think you lost your rag over a genuine mistake.

For some as yet unsolved reason, random posts are being double posted, so we've tried to remove them when people havnt done so thmselves, so you're massive moan in that introduction thread was jumping the gun, abit rude and definately in the wrong place, as were most posts in there.
    It clearly wasn't jumping the gun as there were a lnumber of removed posts.
    My 'moan' post was strategically placed there Daniel-San simply to see if that was deleted for an equally crap reason. It was.

I'd hasten to point out that my moan was far from rude. It was in perfect English and was incredibly honest. I apologise if that came across as rude to you, that was not my intention...I merely hoped to demonstrate successfully that the Mod team take liberties. Mission Success!

Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    I'll have to discuss this with the mod team. I dont see any reason to get rid of PSC moderator personally. All that it will do is show who deleted your post which will only start to cause trouble and cause personal issues with people who delete your posts.

If a post is deleted it is deleted for a reason and the reason is given. I always try to give a clear reason, I don't understand what is meant by 'bore fest' so I can't really justify what it meant.
    If the reason for post deletion is not clear then that is summit that needs work on obviously, but with the bugs we've got since the transfer the reason 'Double post' is absolutely valid IMO.
    The reason of 'Double Post' would be very valid. Except it's being used as a reason for removing all manner of posts.
    'Bore fest. Should be in daily chat' however is not a valid reason...it is a Moderator displaying laziness, subjective moderating and a lack of professionalism. As I stated elsewhere (found those rants have you yet Mod team? ), this doesn't exactly make the Mod team look a good example to the rest of us mere mortals who have to reside in the glorious sunshine radiating from the Mod Teams' cracks.

Yeah Me.

Deleted a whole host of off topic crap and smut, as well as other peoples general off topic-ness, can only give a single reason... No moderator is going to the trouble of deleting posts one by one and personalising the reason.

'Bore fest' wasn't the only thing left was it, so don't just give half a story please, thanks!
    The rest of the reason left for me was 'Should be in daily chat'
    So Mods now delete posts rather than move them to a more appropriate section?

On the topic of smut and off-topic crap...

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...3&postcount=15 ~ Insult
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...6&postcount=18 ~ inappropriate content
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...1&postcount=23 ~ smut

All from the same thread as the 'bore fest', Get on it.

SuperDan : please don't take this as a personal attack on you. I'm merely pointing out the faults in the entire moderating process on this forum. I've been considering this a lot lately and the last couple of days has cemented my opinion.

While I have the attention of the Moderators and Admin...might I also take this opportunity to point out this thread...
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...ement.php?f=12

First numbered point. Get on with it then lads.
    That'll save a whack load of server space and will make the back-ups quicker to recover if necessary or did nobody think of that before the server swap?

I'll serve you a reply when I'm not on my phone then Robin.
    Last edited by Superman; 10th November 2011 at 22:31. Reason: Fooking iPhone!

PSC sex offender no.1
    No worries Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by CaL View Post
    Tbh I think deleting posts and putting borefest is pretty funny.

On average, how many posts a week does a mod remove? Might help to quantify for us that don't know.

Quite alot. Users don't get PMs for every action either.

Looking at my 'new posts' search, half the threads have been moderated in some way according to a little indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by crabbo_1 View Post
    It clearly wasn't jumping the gun as there were a lnumber of removed posts.
    My 'moan' post was strategically placed there Daniel-San simply to see if that was deleted for an equally crap reason. It was.

I'd hasten to point out that my moan was far from rude. It was in perfect English and was incredibly honest. I apologise if that came across as rude to you, that was not my intention...I merely hoped to demonstrate successfully that the Mod team take liberties. Mission Success!?

Calling us all "gimps" could be construed as rude Robin, as well as the other things you definitively suggested. Im all for a laugh and name calling, but when its meant as a stern insult then it can be defined as rude

It was jumping the gun because as I explained, using 'double post' as my reasoning was purely an 'Auto Complete' mistake. You jumped the gun by suggesting it was wrong (was a mistake I admitted too) and then suggested it was in constant use and used as a reason for deleting anything a moderatored wanted.

I doubt any moderators take any liberties at all in the hope of not upsetting anyone.

The reason of 'Double Post' would be very valid. Except it's being used as a reason for removing all manner of posts.
    'Bore fest. Should be in daily chat' however is not a valid reason...it is a Moderator displaying laziness, subjective moderating and a lack of professionalism. As I stated elsewhere (found those rants have you yet Mod team? ), this doesn't exactly make the Mod team look a good example to the rest of us mere mortals who have to reside in the glorious sunshine radiating from the Mod Teams' cracks.

The rest of the reason left for me was 'Should be in daily chat'
    So Mods now delete posts rather than move them to a more appropriate section?

On the topic of smut and off-topic crap...

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...3&postcount=15 ~ Insult
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...6&postcount=18 ~ inappropriate content
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...1&postcount=23 ~ smut

All from the same thread as the 'bore fest', Get on it.
    Like I have said, about a dozen times in the last few days, the first reason was a mistake.

It should of been in daily chat, all that was going on in that thread. Or better still, smutty chat should be kept off of this forum and to MSN, Facebook or another medium.

Generally, stuff thats off topic won't get moved to daily chat just because it is a more appropriate place for it, it'll just get deleted, its the posters fault. Stuff that gets moved are threads, not posts, that are often placed in the wrong sub forum or similar. I don't think there is a need to call in to question the time taken, the effort put in or not as some believe of the moderators etc.

I left the thread at that after your out burst, hence the reaminding off-topicness remaining. I'll go and clean it up now though, now im part assured you won't be too bothered by it and would welcome it!

SuperDan : please don't take this as a personal attack on you. I'm merely pointing out the faults in the entire moderating process on this forum. I've been considering this a lot lately and the last couple of days has cemented my opinion.

While I have the attention of the Moderators and Admin...might I also take this opportunity to point out this thread...

That'll save a whack load of server space and will make the back-ups quicker to recover if necessary or did nobody think of that before the server swap?
    Your opinions are noted and have already been discussed.

Im not bothered if its personal or not, I don't care about any individual on here enough to worry about it, my only concern is the forum itself.

Its a shame you feel that the change over has been such a flop.

Punto Sports Club Member dru1989's Avatar
    while i have the attention of the Moderators and Admin...might I also take this opportunity to point out this thread...

thats a very good shout, i know if i ever search for a part 9 times out of 10 the adds ancient or when you think you have stuck luck the parts allready been sold.

i remember suggesting some time ago if it were possible in the classifieds for OP's to have a button to lock the thread when an item has been sold of no longer for sale. then the dead threads can be moved to a new sub-folder called sold items for example or just deleted. and have the most used part of the forum de cluttered. would make everyone's life easier and in theory should reduce the amount of parts wanted add's created if peoples can find the parts there after.

sure this will get the same response as last time and fall upon deaf ears.

We can look at removing them, though I wouldn't want to leave it to an automatic option. Personally I have adverts I may wish to bump that are older than 45days as do many people.

For now.... At the bottom of each sub forum you are able to click the drop down menu to show posts only fromt he last wee, month, 45days, 60days, 1year etc etc etc.

You can also tailor your search to only show posts/threads within a certain date range, I think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast