Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes C350cdi - Swissvax Winter Protection Detail

Mercedes C350cdi - Swissvax Winter Protection Detail

Hello all,

Thought I'd throw up another write up. A few people have said in other threads about what products are used etc.. so I'll start with this shot, as these are what were used.

So, the car arrived, some 5 days old, looking like this;

I treat a winter protection job the same as my normal protection package, but usually incorporate 2 layers of wax/sealant. This customer had requested just a single layer (due to extra cost) of my new Swissvax "Crystal Rock" carnauba wax. The car needed a surprising amount of work though before I got to that stage...

Wheels being decontaminated after cleaning, to remove embedded brake dust and iron particles. Not much came off these;

Also had to remove, from all 4 wheels, leftover sticker residue;

Took care of those with some Autosmart Tardis.

Got onto the paintwork decontamination, starting with a snow foam mixed with a tiny drop of TFR to soften some of the more stubborn dirt;

Rinsed, and then washed. You can see here what little dealer protection was present;

I then clayed the car. This surprised me the most actually, with the car being new I wasn't expecting much but this is what came out

Got the car inside and dried off using deep pile microfibre towels, and a blow dryer. Then applied, but not pictured, G|Techniq G3 glass sealant, cleaned the interior and all glass, dressed tyres, polished chrome tailpipes, and applied the "Crystal Rock"..

Outside in the sun she was looking lovely.

Zaino Z2, followed by Swissvax Autobahn was applied to the wheels for added protection..

My final shot of the day before the customer collected the car. Hope you enjoyed the pictures! She loved the car, and was so pleased. She can't understand why dealerships don't go to these lengths, as she said it'd help them sell more cars! Quite a nice compliment really. Hope the stealers don't one day grow a brain, I want to make my million first

All the best,
    Matt.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Nice one Matt!

Not like those conti's with the chequered flag all the way around!

Brummy bummer
    Great job, rank car but it looks fantastic.

I've had ContiSportContact 3's on the front of the Fez for a coupla months now, never even noticed the chequered flag all the way round until you said! Doesn't like very good does it now you come to mention it.

Brummy bummer
    I have exactly the same thing to do to an brand new S-line TT. Did the wheels this morning due to time constraints but not being a Pro like you I just used two layers of PB's.

I plan to glaze it all with, Black Hole then use EGP and Collonite as I find it lasts absolutely ages and offers good protection but probably not near as good as that Crystal Rock. I fancy some Celeste Detagglio next although I am loving Purple Haze Pro atm. I'll get some pics up when I do the TT!

I still use the PB wheel sealant dude - it is good for the price, £13 for 200ml, really good value for money. The Swissvax Autobahn knocks it into a box though, its a wheel wax rather than sealant, but it's £36 for 50ml!!

If you're looking at £100+ waxes, do you not fancy dipping your toe into Swissvax? They have 4 or 5 waxes above £100. Shield @ £130, Best of Show @ £200 are really good waxes. But there's a few around the £120 region which are fantastic too.

Please post your pics of the TT when its done. I'm putting Wilky's up next week, do that for him on Tues
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Brummy bummer
    Awesome, should look mint. The TT is the same sort of grey at that Merc and Wilkys Evo too.

Not sure Matt, Swisswax confuses me by having loads of waxes at the same price point lol. I will do some looking into them before I make my decision.
    Last edited by GT3guy; 5th November 2011 at 20:57.

Yes, they have tried to capture the imagination of the market by producing waxes such as "Samurai" for Jap cars, "Scuderia" for Italians, "Zuffenhausen" for Germans etc. There's a lot to choose from. The Shield is for all paint types, and also contains PTFE (teflon) like the Autobahn wheel wax. I'm thinking of getting another pot, perhaps Best of Show for something between my regular waxes and Crystal Rock!

Punto Enthusiast
    Cracking work there. Crystal Rock what a wax - retails around £800 now?

Are you on detailingworld?

Z2 and Autobahn is possibly the best protection for wheels out there.. apart from Gtechniq of course. Z2 is my favourite product in terms of LSP and I use it on pretty much every car I detail.

Cheers mate. The Rock retails @ £795 I agree about Z2 and Autobahn being the best combination - I have tried a few different things but none get close. You can see on the wheel closeup shot that the alloy looks liquid.

I am on DW yes, but I do not subscribe or post any of my work. Rarely use the site tbh.

Punto Enthusiast
    Shame you're not on there as your work is top-notch.
    Paul Dalton I think was the first to come about with the Z2/Autobahn combination.. it does work a treat.

I usually use Duragloss 105.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast