Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Downtime

Downtime

Its been unfortunate but the forum is back now and should stay. Luckily a server change only happens once in a blue moon.

Things to blame in this instance are:

Mine and Wilky's haste in wanting to change server, not wanting to pay InetFX for another 3months...

New web guy not telling us he was going on his jollies.

Couple of incompatabilities only made worse by the new server recieving an upgrade on Monday which is what sent the forum down

Size of the forum, its alot bigger than it needs to be, alot of software mods PuntoBoy must of added over the years and what not, about 10x as many files as needs be, coupled with new host trying to re-apply the back up from Korea was never a good mix.

Anyway it is back now. Any moaning, do it in here

Punto Lover
    Mo'foing forum has lost my for sale ad. Shall i just re-post it?

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Just a few comments, we still seem to be missing files linked from the header (e.g. http://www.puntosports.co.uk/models/mk1.htm, mk2.htm, mk2b.htm and mk3.htm). Presumably these could be moved into the database instead and relinked. But, it would be nice to have the originals upon which to base the changes. Similarly, the http://www.puntosports.co.uk/mem_* directories, for the Members Puntos galleries, linked from the home page, aren't there. Those are probably well out of date now anyway, so it might be better to restructure the home page etc.

As noted elsewhere, some avatars seem to have got lost along the way. Hopefully the affected members can reupload those.

Anyway, it's good to have the site back up and running. I can appreciate the problems that have occurred and delayed the successful reinstatement on the new server.

PSC sex offender no.1
    My back hurts like hell and there's nowt good on telly.

Got spawn camped by some tanks of BF3...lvl 30 but still skill-less n00bs.

It's raining.

Angie won't get her baps out for the lads.

Think thats all my current moans.

Yep, did say last week there would be a chance posts would be lost if made after the start of the change over.

My only moan;
    Moaning Robin won't stop moaning

Quote Originally Posted by GT3guy View Post
    Just a few comments, we still seem to be missing files linked from the header (e.g. http://www.puntosports.co.uk/models/mk1.htm, mk2.htm, mk2b.htm and mk3.htm). Presumably these could be moved into the database instead and relinked. But, it would be nice to have the originals upon which to base the changes. Similarly, the http://www.puntosports.co.uk/mem_* directories, for the Members Puntos galleries, linked from the home page, aren't there. Those are probably well out of date now anyway, so it might be better to restructure the home page etc.

As noted elsewhere, some avatars seem to have got lost along the way. Hopefully the affected members can reupload those.

Anyway, it's good to have the site back up and running. I can appreciate the problems that have occurred and delayed the successful reinstatement on the new server.
    Probably surplus stuff not been reloaded just yet, hoepfully they'll either come back when John is back from his trip or we can work at replacing them.

Piss up at brewery come to mind.

PSC sex offender no.1
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    My only moan;
    Moaning Robin won't stop moaning
    I'm one of the old-skoolers like you and Superdan....I earnt the right to a bloody good moan for 6 years of listening to kiddies twat on about turbo's

And there's a distinct lack of Angies baps being out

Punto know it all
    good on you guys for sorting the site out i know its technical but were there's a will there's a way
    robin invite me im on bf3 now XBOX-B3NZARMY

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast