Thread: Detailing with the GPM Punto

Detailing with the GPM Punto

Hey yo!

Few snaps from earlier today. Have had a free day, so treated the old man's car to some new protection for over the winter months, as it was due and the bad weather's closing in!

Started off a bit minging, but wasn't as bad as some (we keep on top of our cars once a fortnight if we can).

These wheels are coated in no less than 4 layers of Poorboys wheel sealant, and have been for a few months now - they were a doddle to clean

So, I opened with the pre-wash foam, and tended to the wheels whilst that was left working its magic for 10mins (it's only been about 10degs today, so it wasn't drying out).

From that point I rinsed the foam off and any loose dirt with it. I then proceeded to wash the car with the double bucket method and some Insta-Finish shampoo (as per the apprentice pack I have put together for you!), using a Dodo Yeti's Fist!

I then dried the car using a combination of drying towels and my blow dryer wheeled it into the unit ready to apply some protection..

Zaino Z2 was the weapon of choice, given that it lasts for around 6 months, and has the best flake pop of any wax/sealant on the market IMO. You'll see later! I applied two layers. For anyone wondering, you buff the first layer off, leave it 30mins, then apply a second layer....

Here's the first layer curing, you can just about see it on the top of the wing??!?!!

Once the 2nd layer was buffed off, I topped it with a finishing coat of Zaino Z8 Grand Finale. I saw this ladybug wandering across the roof... thought I'd snap it up and show you the metallic

That was it then. Dressed the tyres, and the car was done, some 2.5hrs later

Enjoy the final pics

Slightly tweaked artistic style one..

Now check out the gloss..

You like that eh?

Cheers,
    Matt.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto know it all
    looks great Matt. And for only two and a half hours work, shows how good some sealants and wax can keep a car looking good all year round! great stuff.

Punto Enthusiast
    wow thats come up realy nice, realy need to start researching how to detail my car properly!

Then look no further than this section mate. If you have any questions, start a thread and myself or any of the others who know a bit about detailing will help you out.

I have some vids made which just need editing which will help you out with wheel cleaning and some other stuff
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Some of those pics should be in the calander. I fooking love the front end look on this

This pic is awesome

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Some of those pics should be in the calander. I fooking love the front end look on this

This pic is awesome
    This pic is my wallpaper for my desktop

Cheers Todd.

I did tease that we could probably make a GPM calendar if nobody submitted their photo's to Wilky in time. Some of the photo's would be better, like the last one, it'd be better if Phil wasn't fcking about in the background with his Golf... But he is the owner of the unit, so couldn't really shout "oi, get the fck outta my shot" - though if I did, he'd either have gesticulated for the camera or actually would have moved, he's good like that

Punto Enthusiast
    Nahh, I think a GPM calendar is just what this club needs IMO