Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: why do people slag off puntos

Punto Lover

why do people slag off puntos

talking to my twin the over day and he dont want a punto because of what people have told him that they of sh1te and brake down every 5mins

what is it about them that people dont like

i think puntos are wicked lil cars up to the new 1s where they got HUGE
    1.2 sporting is perfect for a first car cheapish running cost aint, much tax cheapish,

ive been trying to get my twin to have mine but he dont want my punto :P

Punto know it all
    Its more a general concensus towards all Italian cars and not just a Punto.

I've had 3 puntos myself and TBH they're all been very reliable cars. Me myself though i am both quite anal and very pro-active. If i find something not quite right i have to fix it/make it right otherwise it bugs me.

As opposed to a lot of car owners across the board, who adopt the "it will be alright" attitude, then put the car down when it fails.

GT's like most top of the model cars despite what anyone tells you, ALL have had a good thrashing, no one goes out and buys a turbocharged car to potter around in it (with a few exceptions), but its whether you actually care for it and maintain it properly that makes the difference, likewise when people talk about mileage. Mileage really does count for nothing if its been maintained well and had no expense spared.

Did my car look like a borderline 140,000 mile car when you saw it?

Punto Lover
    yours looks very tidy for its age and millage mine looks tidier and its only just done 95.5k

ive still not street viewed your old yellow 1 :P lol

where was the color code stamp thingy again

my mate got a mk2 8v and people at his work slags it off big time when they are rolling around in fecked bmws and big german cars like that with water just pissing out of them and my mates car nothing wrong with it plods along fine

and my sporting gets stick every day by my oldest bro who cant even drive :P
    my twin had a lil smile on his face when i gave the old girl bit more right foot then normal :P lol

like you said andy you look after the car nd the car with no expensive spared its great

and as my late next door neighbor said "you look after your car and your car will look after you"

Punto know it all
    most cars will **** up at some point. I have had 2 puntos and looking at getting another one for my next car!

Quote Originally Posted by GTT_Raider View Post
    Its more a general concensus towards all Italian cars and not just a Punto.

I've had 3 puntos myself and TBH they're all been very reliable cars. Me myself though i am both quite anal and very pro-active. If i find something not quite right i have to fix it/make it right otherwise it bugs me.

As opposed to a lot of car owners across the board, who adopt the "it will be alright" attitude, then put the car down when it fails.

GT's like most top of the model cars despite what anyone tells you, ALL have had a good thrashing, no one goes out and buys a turbocharged car to potter around in it (with a few exceptions), but its whether you actually care for it and maintain it properly that makes the difference, likewise when people talk about mileage. Mileage really does count for nothing if its been maintained well and had no expense spared.

Did my car look like a borderline 140,000 mile car when you saw it?
    couldnt have said it better myself...

"As opposed to a lot of car owners across the board, who adopt the "it will be alright" attitude, then put the car down when it fails."

Brummy bummer
    I've had four and they've all been bang on. You will get a problem or two with ANY car of Mk1/Mk2 Punto age. I don't think there is a stigma attached to them, it's more the stigma of cheap cars full stop imo (Saxo's, 106's, Punto's etc etc).

Saying that I would never go back to another though.

Punto Lover
    Look after them and there quality cars

Punto Lover
    tlc and the car good as gold :P

i know ive got a saxo vts and people seem ok with me owning a vts and they like nice car then i say and a punto sporting and jut go what a bag of sh1te

Punto know it all
    Saxo's are rust buckets! As were the AX's!

Punto Lover
    yhhh i know but i still love my saxo and my punto they my 2 babies

lets hope the gf dont get peed off with my car passion :P

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast