Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New tv choice.

Punto know it all
    i have a samsung led and it is nice, people always commenting on how good it looks, but the truth is, you can tell its a bit cheap and nasty when you try to use the remotes, takes ages to respond when trying to switch the soucres.

before this i had the sharp aquos led which in my opinion was about a million times better than the samsung for picture and overall quality, it almost had a 3d feel to it even when watching old films.

i only got rid of the sharp because i had 3 in a row that all had minor problems and i got fed up, the first one wouldnt power up, second and third ones would not show the PC through the vga connection.

i really do wish i had been patient now and waited for another one to be sent, i regret it big time every time i look at the samsung.

as mentioned above, the Hz makes a lot of difference to the quality.

Punto know it all
    they all use the same internals anyway... well a lot of TV use the same panel screens lol

Punto Lover
    Don't be fooled by going into stores to view a TV. They deliberately show DVDs to show a much better image.

My dad has a Euronics centre, sold a whole range of TVs. For someone to say Samsung is unreliable I'd have to put it down to the user.

Someone has mentioned here about the LED backlight. And the whole issue with regards to the 3D tv, you'll need glasses for when people come over.

We still have an LCD on the lounge and yes it's Samsung. No problems at all.

It's also worth searching for optimal LCD setup, I can't remember the site, but when we changed the colour settings and sound settings there was a huge difference.

I won't dictate what TV you should get but stick to your budget and go for one with a 1080 panel and at least 100hz refresh rate. Most of the screens come out of the LG factory anyway.

Most say samsung is unreliable basically because they sell the most units.

Gearbox Abuser
    If you go into currys or most big stores you'll find they setup the cheaper sets to look better because they get a better margin on the likes of samsung and LG. And they know mugs will go in and be looking to pay £300 for a 42" plasma.

LG and samsung may "look ok" but functions, quality and reliability is absolute shite! Had my pana 4 years and not a single problem. Infact most of my family have panas and not one issue! However I know 2 mates who foolishly bought samsungs and both died a death in less than 3 years.

Do yourself a favour and spend that little more and get piece of mind and a 5 year manafactures guarrentee with a panasonic.

Punto know it all
    Panasonic vierra or Samsung led tv are the best there is fuk 3d tv for now wait until the tech is better

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by minifreak View Post
    Had my pana 4 years and not a single problem. Infact most of my family have panas and not one issue!

So what? I've had my Samsung 4 years and not a single problem.

It means nothing, that one person can have 'a brand' of TV and it works perfectly for 'X' years; component failure can be down to a multitude of varying factors, not least of which are positioning, air (cooling) flow, and customer (mis)use. Also, as with any electrical product, it is only as good as the individual components, and any manufacturer can be lumbered with expensive recall and warranty work due to a duff batch of components.

For example: there was an issue with Pioneer CD players, in the mid-nineties, where the spindle motors would fail, and would not spin the discs. This was a universal motor, used in every model, from the entry level £50 unit, to the top of the range £650 unit.
    The resulting recall and warranty claims, cost Pioneer UK alone approx £2 million.

So, to return back on topic, to the OP, read as many unbiased reviews as you can, work out your budget, and then go and see them for yourself.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by chetchet007 View Post
    Most of the screens come out of the LG factory anyway.

This is true, and they at one point, were even supplying screens to Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by B3NZARMY View Post
    me and nicola just bought a BeoVision 4 - Bang & Olufsen 3d
    very expensive but comes with every thing from room light control auto tilt and angle
    85" screen its huge ,we also got a 5.1 Dolby cinema system with this too ,
    i also have sky hd and now in the process of getting sky 3d.
    great tv, the best feature i like is when you turn it on the screen has a sort of curtain that opens llol i love it worth every pound
    them tvs cost thousands around £5,000 - £10,000

i thought mine cost alot
    ALL GENUINE FIAT PARTS AVAILABLE AT TRADE PRICES TO PSC MEMBERS
    WE ARE THE 2ND LONGEST SERVING FIAT DEALER
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...38#post1311438

Punto know it all
    Most Panasonic's are only 52hz?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast