Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mugen RR FD2

Punto know it all
    enjoyed that vid, thanks for posting todd

Great vid, but I fear it will be wasted because the car hasn't got a turbo mayyyte..

So, about the chassis then - Vern was saying something???
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Can't watch the video till later.

---

Take away the V-tec and the fanboys and all you have is a retirees car for life - Civic

Wheres all this bias? Better value because they're newer and fewer and an import only probably.

No one has said the Evo is better because it has a turbo Matt so don't run away with yourself, you float both sides of the fence too often

Civic is probably rapid on a nice bit of track with a driver ragging it whos not worried about rapping the car into a tyre wall. On the road, where we all drive and want to go fast but not stack it, its Football league One, maybe Championship... Ive already said its a nice car but you're making out its better than it is. Take away a Porsches outstanding stability control and it wouldnt drive half as well on the road, but no one ever uses that as an analogy/complains they're gigabyted upto its sun visors do they...

Fair enough the Civic might have a good chassis, but do people and press rave about that because its the only thing in its armoury, probs

Civic, good car, probably a brilliant FWD car. In the real world not a comparison for a modern Evo, definately not a better car.

Punto know it all
    Take away the turbo and what's an evo?!

Stupid comment Dan, expected better from you!

Stupid replay Cal, I expect nothing less from you

An Evo is an Evo, from the the Evo I to the Evo X, nothing less. You can't remove any of its bits to make it a normal car which is what Matt suggest first you ballbag.

A Mugen civic RR is a civic underneith, remove the V-tec and its the same Civic the elederly buy and have always bought.

Matt suggested you take away key components, mine was satirical sarcasm. You're another one whos tried one but not the other, biased TA FOOK

I like teh Evo's Dan, I fancy one myself. I'd have either the FD2 or a IX in the blink of an eye. Just need to store a bit of equalibrium here, as there's quite a few Evo owners on here and not many Type-R owners!

PS - me and the missus saw a bog standard Lancer the other day, the owner was about 103, I said to the Dorris it was the same car as yours but a lower model, she was shocked! thought it was s**t without all the bells and whistles
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

An Evo is a Lancer, they do a basic as fook model, just like a Mugen RR is a Civic, like the coffin dodgers buy... you canny have it both ways laddy!!!

PPS - I think my ruptured lung from when you hit the brakes and the seatbelt nearly killed me, is now ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    I like teh Evo's Dan, I fancy one myself. I'd have either the FD2 or a IX in the blink of an eye. Just need to store a bit of equalibrium here, as there's quite a few Evo owners on here and not many Type-R owners!

PS - me and the missus saw a bog standard Lancer the other day, the owner was about 103, I said to the Dorris it was the same car as yours but a lower model, she was shocked! thought it was s**t without all the bells and whistles
    An Evo is a Lancer, they do a basic as fook model, just like a Mugen RR is a Civic, like the coffin dodgers buy... you canny have it both ways laddy!!!
    Im having it, lathering it all over and eating it Big'un.

Lancer and a Lancer Evo are completely different cars, its called a Lancer as a nod to nostalgia only. Floor pan, drive train, engine, every panel bit of glass and trim + lights are different. Evo's are bigger and nothing of the interior is the same either, Ka'POW, well prior to the X they are anyway.

2008> Lancers are much larger and more like Evos I think, ditracts from the Evo model though. A bloke on the MLR is making his deseasal Lancer look like an Evo

I like and love Type R's im just firmly pointing out the differences in what they are and what they do.

PPS - I think my ruptured lung from when you hit the brakes and the seatbelt nearly killed me, is now ok.
    Glad your healed! Stock brakes, stock discs and even worse pads + 3up
    Imagine if I was as rich as Kyle and had some colossive APs!!

If you were as rich as Kyle and had said stopping setup, I fear my internal organs would have been crushed, thus rendering me hospitalised through a ruptured spleen, or worse still, deceased,..

One thing I will say, is that Honda's do make a good brake setup, but never before have I felt the kind of stopping power than I did in your Evo last month.. even in my beloved DC2, though she wasn't far behind

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast