Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a MS1 ecu for a Punto GT

Ime not blaming anything, would love 240bhp but still don't think it will happen.

But if it does............... it will be down to the tuner, as hes the one adjusting everyhting to make the power.

Btw think you missed my last post on the page before this. You keep reading things into peoples posts that they are not saying. I havnt blamed anything, proven anything with ms (yet) and I do know a fair bit so dont go all novice speak.

Adi

What you wanna know about heads for anyway? You already know the standard head flows pretty poorly, and a POTR one not much better even with its huge valves.. at least your head and cam are suited at the moment, so they aren't going to cause many problems - it's only a 1.4 8v, it's not like they pump loads of air round. I fitted a FRC to a full SEB2 setup and only gained about 6hp and lost alot of low down torque.. made the car worst if I'm honest.

I'm genuinely interested to see the results, as the MS is a cheaper alternative to Motec or DTA or whatever.. but for the cost over a SEB4 setup, I'm not sure it's worthwhile parting with 4x the money for a few hp more. Full-blown build with a T28 or bigger, sure.

The whole angle of this debate is the cost. Always has been. These cars are worth less than a grand now, spending that on management isn't really the way forward, unless you have a limitless budget (like me, and the Hans once did).
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Cant understand why people are compairing it to SEB4 as in reality MS could make the limit of the engine (at any spec). The ONLY reason people are saying its rubbish is because its cheap.

Its the same type of system as dta etc, on the spot dont need to burn to a chip, standalone system.

DTA/motec etc users are just trying to justfy the cost of what they purchsed. Which is fine as they decided to go that route.

US a car running MS is making 1000+ bhp and 257+mph.

Cant be all bad!

PS Heads yea POTR's Sucks we all know that, you will be first to know if I decided to change the head!

Adi

Don't think anyone's ever said MS is rubbish, merely branded it a Maplins or Tesco Value ECU - largely due to it's price, (un)popularity, and the fact it hasn't proven much in the UK yet.

It's comparable to SEB4 because with this we have seen 220hp. You are now aiming for 220hp, apparently, but at a much greater cost.. that is all. If you were aiming for 320hp, we wouldn't be having this discussion I don't think.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

The 220bhp engine SEB4's have engine work, mine doesn't.
    People conveniently forget this little fact.

Maybe with no internal engine work that’s the limit of my car. If I get anything over (SEB4) 205bhp with MS then its a benefit as its exactly the same mechanically as it was apart from the MS on the last RR.

Have to wait and see on that one tho.

Adi

Not being funny here but will you grow up please Matt. Please stop referring to it as Maplin, Tesco Value or any other poor comparison you'd like to make.

It's called Megasquirt so please use that when referring to it. You're just trying to get a reaction, as always, so please stop.

I'm playing devils advocate here as I'm as keen to see results as anyone else.

Thank you.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

I have Chris' back too, its just circles here at the minute.

One opinion over another does not = the facts.

Someone with MS get on a RR for god sake!

Adi

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by GT3turbo
    Someone with MS get on a RR for god sake!

Adi
    Yes you - get on with it lol

Whilst we’re on the subject and before this thread gets tidied up (and I hope it does), what sort of power do people normally expect out of a TT Stage 1 with Seb 2 and also with Seb 4 based on an internally standard engine and little else mod wise except for the necessary FMIC, pump and reg?

170hp, maybe 175hp, dont htink anyones proved that or more on seb2.

200hp on seb4 was alwasy the goal post.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast