Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed with gt3 previously owned by fellow member

Advice needed with gt3 previously owned by fellow member

Hi,

I am currently looking for a gt and found one on eBay, having looked around I came across an old thread in cars for sale of the car on eBay! I think im right in saying The previous owner is adamski1 from this site, if anyone knows this car or previous owners and can tell me anything about this car (the link to eBay is currently in cars for sale still) it would be much appreciated ie is all info correct on listing or any known faults etc??

From what I can see the new owner hasn't had it long plus it's been on eBay before according to the thread.

Thanks mike

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Which, this one?

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...d.php?t=121285

The thread says most that's known. Adamski1 may have only had it since August before selling it to the current eBay seller.
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...&postcount=119

From the current eBay listing, the seller has taken off the 17" alloys and tyres but is still asking £750. Trying to "make a fast buck" essentially, as there's no Tax and very limited MOT now. The fault descriptions seem to be reasonable, given what was in our thread, apart from the rust issue and lack of electrics covers in the engine bay. I'd insist upon a fresh MOT if I were you, but a car is worth what a buyer is willing to pay.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Dan Gt is selling a gt for 450 with a couple of faults. You might be better off with that one.

The seller with the ebay one Is trying to make a fast buck from the car as tim says so unless you knock him down Generally i would steer clear.

Punto know it all
    I think mawbs means danmotty.

Tim- yeah that's the one, in Adams advert it says 100k miles then on eBay the bloke has put 95k body and 55k engine! Have I missed Adam mention this or is the bloke telling a few lies? I can't see him replacing the engine.
    I have messaged the bloke on eBay and he said that it's a bit lumpy when cold due to fact the exhaust is blowing! Is the misfire Adam is talking about in his thread do we think??

Mawbster- is this car in the classifieds? I'll check it out

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeybirch View Post
    Tim- yeah that's the one, in Adams advert it says 100k miles then on eBay the bloke has put 95k body and 55k engine! Have I missed Adam mention this or is the bloke telling a few lies? I can't see him replacing the engine.
    I have messaged the bloke on eBay and he said that it's a bit lumpy when cold due to fact the exhaust is blowing! Is the misfire Adam is talking about in his thread do we think??
    Adam didn't mention the engine's mileage, maybe that's something he only told the buyer. Try a PM or VM to adamski1 (click his userid for options). Regarding the misfire/lumpy issue they may be the same thing, but the cause can't be known for sure just from a brief description.

I've just sent him an email so hopefully he'll reply when he has time, cheers for all your help

Punto Lover
    sorry i just got back,the car was lumpy but just when cold,the new owner bought a new coil pack,but sounds like that didnt cure it,milage was 95ish then the plasma dials i sold him said 100k,the replacement engine was fitted with 50kish according to receipt,all said the engine is really quiet or was when i sold it,i fitted a good turbo on but think it requires a gasket.i may have another for sale tho

Thanks for the info, he is after £750 for it but I'm not sure!!

Do you have any info on this one you may have for sale as I'm interested!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast