Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: £80k of Abarth all in a week!

Punto know it all
    I'm sure they're all good marketing exercises. There. I found a positive.

Clearly there's a lot more to it than a standard Abarth 500. How much do you think Sabelt seats are, with carbon backs? Finished in leather and Alcantara? It has carbon mirrors, carbon dash etc. Did you miss the part where I said it has a sequential gearbox?!!

Its far and away different. A lovely piece of kit! I'm not so sure they're worth 40, but the convertible I also did is£25k's worth..

Kyle, at Bauer's they've sold 17 from that dealership, including a blue one, which is 1 of only 4 in the UK. They've done all colours tbh. Mitch, the owner, said he wished he knew they were only making 4 blue (was supposed to be 100 of each colour) as he'd have bought all 4 for stock!!

In the early part of 2012 I believe they're taking stock of the new 695 Competizione - similar spec to the Tributo Ferrari, bit more of stripped out version though I think, that'll be ~£34k! Expensive little toys, these Abarth's
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Brummy bummer
    I hope you're not referring to me with the first bit, I realise what it is and all the goodies it has and how much they cost to buy aftermarket which is a lot more than Fiat will have payed under a contract!

I'm just saying, there are 17 people that have visited Bauers with more money than sense Would you buy one if you had £40k honestly? It IS still a Fiat 500 at the end of the day, in the same way that my car is still just a Ford Focus. In fact at least my FRS has RS specific body-panels! That looks like a normal Abarth 500....

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Clearly there's a lot more to it than a standard Abarth 500. How much do you think Sabelt seats are, with carbon backs? Finished in leather and Alcantara? It has carbon mirrors, carbon dash etc. Did you miss the part where I said it has a sequential gearbox?!!

Its far and away different. A lovely piece of kit! I'm not so sure they're worth 40, but the convertible I also did is£25k's worth..

Kyle, at Bauer's they've sold 17 from that dealership, including a blue one, which is 1 of only 4 in the UK. They've done all colours tbh. Mitch, the owner, said he wished he knew they were only making 4 blue (was supposed to be 100 of each colour) as he'd have bought all 4 for stock!!

In the early part of 2012 I believe they're taking stock of the new 695 Competizione - similar spec to the Tributo Ferrari, bit more of stripped out version though I think, that'll be ~£34k! Expensive little toys, these Abarth's

No, I know you have a bit more sense than to suggest it's just a badge which makes it different. If I had £40k I wouldn't be looking at one of them, definately not. However, I do see the point, and most of the people who have bought them are Ferrari owners/enthusiasts/collectors. If I was obscenely rich, I would buy one just for the novelty value... They're a bit like the Aston Martin Signet, in that they're pointless and desperately overpriced, but sell due to the badge. Personally think these look better than a Signet, and certainly go better!!!
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Brummy bummer
    I agree, Signets are god-awful. Despite what I've said I would buy one too if I were uber-rich, but I'd probably hang on for the Competizione version you've mentioned. Would jump at the chance to drive one and those seats look the tits!

Punto Enthusiast
    they look so clean!! theres a guy that has a ferrari one in the village i live in.. so ive been told anyway

They look really small, but I can fit my massive bulk in them just fine! Got another pic where you can see the base of the seat better, I'll post it up when I get chance. Very supportive. The plastic back, cloth versions are available as options on standard models - they're £1400 mind you! If they did them when I bought mine I'd have probably added them in as an option.

Competizione is one to look out for in the new year, you never know, might get to prep one of those too! I need to see if I can get my hands on their Alfa 8C Spyder first though

Quote Originally Posted by Adame View Post
    they look so clean!!
    I should hope so!!!

Punto Enthusiast
    was is you do debo??

By day I work for a paint manufacturer, by night I am a super detailer..

Kyle, here's that pic mate:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast