Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax

Banned

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax

I can safely say wow what a product! works brilliantly and for the price you cant find another shampoo thats 'off the shelf' that is that good! Smells really good and its quite a concentrated shampoo so you dont need alot around 4 cap fulls to about 6 litres will do the trick

I should have taken images from my dirty ass car! but i will upload some images in the week to show you what it can do

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/m...e&variant=3055

I've used it before and it gives a good finish but it is fairly agressive. It will strip off any protection you've got on once you use it a few times.

Banned
    Shouldnt do thats the whole point of the product to maintain the finish as its pH neutral shouldnt strip the protection off, its when you use traffic film remover and cheaper shampoos where the wax protection is lost. Infact i found it rejuvinated my paintwork since its last waxing session.

Punto know it all
    this is good stuff but it also has a truck wash formula in it you still need a hand wax too
    for best results always use a good wax even if it says it contains carbnuba wax its probably 1/1000 particles per million

Banned
    you can get pure carnuba wax if your willing to pay..... dodo juice supernatural is the tits.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by seaneyb View Post
    you can get pure carnuba wax if your willing to pay..... dodo juice supernatural is the tits.
    very true dodo purple haze is what i use very expensive but great results

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqZLQQ8WWMc&feature=related"]Dodo Juice Supernatural water sheeting - YouTube[/ame]

Banned
    its not expensive tbh dodo juice is a very good brand and only sell quality waxes that dodo juice purple haze will last about 6 months on your paintwork before it needs reapplying unlike some other crap like the cheap 9.99 liquid waxes.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by seaneyb View Post
    its not expensive tbh dodo juice is a very good brand and only sell quality waxes that dodo juice purple haze will last about 6 months on your paintwork before it needs reapplying unlike some other crap like the cheap 9.99 liquid waxes.
    yep but i put it on every 6 days so its looking good
    that vid ,, the water drains slow mine falls within secs
    its like define gravity lol
    Last edited by B3NZARMY; 29th September 2011 at 00:10.

Supernatural isn't 100% pure carnauba btw. Its a 100% wax, ie has no added polymers or man-made materials, its completely natural. The carnauba content is only around 15%!! The more carnauba the harder the wax, and also the higher the cost. Swissvax Crystal Rock has one of the highest carnauba contents @ 70%+ and this is valued at some £800 per 250ml pot!!! So Supernatural at £60 for the same size pot is uncomparable...

Carnauba is a type of wax found on the leaves of some Brazillian tree. This makes up only a certain part of a wax, if it is used at all. Due to the high price it isn't used in the low end products, or it is used in such small quantities it's insignificant - the high end products tend to advertise how much carnauba is used in their waxes, as generally speaking the higher the % used the greater the contamination repellency and aesthetics.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto know it all
    all this carnuba wax talk makes me want to watch point break again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast