Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats so good about a Fiat Punto??

Punto Enthusiast

Whats so good about a Fiat Punto??

Just a bit of fun

Ok, just thought it would be nice to hear what everyones story is behind choosing a Fiat Punto as their car?

I remember my Mum buying one in 1996 a blue punto s, she then bought a black punto team in 98' then a punto Elx in 2001.

So I was always around them, I remember seeing a punto GT in the showroom of Caledonia in 96'

My mates older brother had a broom yellow GT that he took us out in when I was 10, I loved the car from that moment on.

My sisters ex had a Broom Yellow GT when I was 15/16 that he used to take me out in, then when I turned 18 I bought my own in midnight blue.

I sold that one to get the dream GT in Broom yellow, I sold that when I was 19, and now at 23 I am picking up my 3rd GT on Friday in broom yellow (of course) Cant wait!

Just thought I'd reminisce on where the love for the punto started and see if anyone else had any interesting stories behind their love for the punto.

Punto Enthusiast
    Cheaper tax and a bit of power! Lol

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    The fact that the longer you leave them the quicker they get

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    I used to be a Golf GTI owner for ages - new Mk.1 1.6, 5 speed, 3 door for 8 years or so, one of the first 3 door UK Mk.2 16Vs new, with Recaro interior, then a 5 door "big bumper" Mk.2 with air con. Then they got fat, sloppy and ugly with the Mk.3, so it was time for a change in 1999. That was when I bought CHeWie (GT3), my first turbocharged car. He was a year old then but had only done 86 miles, as he had been a showroom and photo model. Surprisingly roomy for a supermini and could carry a lot with the rear seats folded down. He was trouble free in standard tune for over 10 years, including a trip out to Bulgaria and back again.

Punto know it all
    My mate bought a GT a couple of years ago after a bit of inspiration from me, and he said, i and quote "these can holders are fookin mint, best thing about the car"

I quite like them too, can doesn't fall out or anything

On a more serious note though, cheap tax, cheap enough to insure, surprisingly quick, and all the billy boys thing you've bought a Sporting and stuck a GT badge from halfords on the boot

Gives all the toss-pots in BMW's Merc's Audi's and alike a good run for their money too

Bird brain???
    i dont know why i picked mine, i was drawn to it i spose and im so glad i got it now, even though the fooker plays up and fails its mot, and it looks great too

Why are they so good?

Well, no matter what you need, someone has already been there and done that and are always on hand to belittle your efforts and make you feel ****.

Isn't that right Debo

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans View Post
    Why are they so good?

Well, no matter what you need, someone has already been there and done that and are always on hand to belittle your efforts and make you feel ****.
    In a nut shell, lol

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTT_Raider View Post
    My mate bought a GT a couple of years ago after a bit of inspiration from me, and he said, i and quote "these can holders are fookin mint, best thing about the car"

I quite like them too, can doesn't fall out or anything

On a more serious note though, cheap tax, cheap enough to insure, surprisingly quick, and all the billy boys thing you've bought a Sporting and stuck a GT badge from halfords on the boot

Gives all the toss-pots in BMW's Merc's Audi's and alike a good run for their money too
    yep i tried this with a tin of coke. it was fine untill the turbo kicked in and it went everywhere!

Punto Lover
    i got my punto because they was cheap tax cheapish to insure its a lil pocket rocket for a 1.2 and the broom yellow is 1 of the best colors for a mark 1
    perfect car to get your hands dirty
    my mates both had puntos but they had mk2 1.2 8v's

and the fact when i got my car back on the road and went work it got slagged off and it beats vtr's and the engine picks up like a dream and they just FUN FAST lil cars

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast