Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your thoughts for a group buy..

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    That's right James, and that's exactly the reason you'll get anywhere between £2-4k LESS for your Porsche come re-sale or trade in time

But you crack on mate. You could even take it to the Polski car wash down the road, they only charge a fiver to wash it for you!!!
    If you believe a second hand value of my car is 2-4k less because I don't use tardex produce then you are a xxxx.

Dents, stone chips can devalue a cars value.

2-4k difference on a price is the difference between a Boxster with 50000 miles and 10000 miles. You won't make that up on a paint set.

I would also imagine someone with 25-50k to spend on a car is a little above this. Mind you why would someone who could afford a 75k read a punto forum.

lol

oops.

A man with no eyes, living in a cave can see that with poor quality products and poor washing techniques, you're going to inflict enough damage on your paint to make it look like it's done 50k miles when it has infact only done 10k

The value of second hand cars is largely determined by the condition of the bodywork. Yes, you're right in saying dents and stonechips also effect their value, as do scuffs on alloys, but with all things equal regarding mileage and service history, 'car a' has well conditioned and looked after paintwork, and 'car b' has been subjected to the Polski butchers then 'car a' is going to be worth SIGNIFICANTLY more. This is a fact, not my opinion. if I can add £800's worth of value to a 10yr old Honda Jazz, then how much would I add to a nearly new Porsche Boxster?

Answers on a postcard.

I accept you're a none-believer, but you carry on doing what you do Mr Hans
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234