Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horribly faded red Mercedes back to vivid red.

Punto Lover
    Thanks Matt.

And Cal I just did it to strip any kind of wax or film that might have been on the car before. The chances of there actually being any were pretty slim but you never know.

Punto Enthusiast
    very impressive.. i never knew you could bring back the colour to faded cars so well

Punto know it all
    I asked as I don't usually do private work, so have no (zero) idea of the cost for this kind of work.

Yeah, but that's his business isn't it. You wouldn't go round asking how much he earns in his 9-5 job. Just a thought. I don't want to spoil the thread, I just think what people earn/charge is quite personal to themselves that's all mate. If you don't know what to charge, you should probably question yourself as to why you are even taking the job on.

This is the best thread in this section yet
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    According to detailing world I've managed to get noticed on a mercedes forum or something. Waiting for the guy to reply back to me.

Cheers for the kind words buddy - makes it all worthwhile.

No worries bud. I'm hoping Dan's Evo looks this bad tomorrow, so I can turn that around the same and steal the limelight back
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Yeah, but that's his business isn't it. You wouldn't go round asking how much he earns in his 9-5 job. Just a thought. I don't want to spoil the thread, I just think what people earn/charge is quite personal to themselves that's all mate. If you don't know what to charge, you should probably question yourself as to why you are even taking the job on.

This is the best thread in this section yet
    Like I said, I don't do private work.

I simply wanted to know if it was business rates or mates rates and how much someone would be willing to pay for such job.

Anyone who knows me on this forum knows full well that I'd mop their car for a bacon sandwich as I honestly am not money orientated at all.

I had no intention to be 'rude' so don't make me out to be that kind of person.

Punto know it all
    I'm going to make a thread in a week or so just to show you (Matt) that I'm no amateur and have a lot of knowledge on this subject.

I don't think that anyway Ben, I know you're a smart repairer, and are handy with a polisher (amongst other things!). I've seen that rear wing on the Golf you did late last year.

Some people pay £7k to have their car detailed, others won't part with more than £40. I'm not trying to make you out to be anything, I was just saying it was an odd question to ask, even more so now, that's all. Doesn't matter anyway, what matters is this was a great turnaround and the guy whose car it was by all accounts was very pleased with the outcome

Punto Lover
    I managed to get something like with mine just from hand polishing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast