Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: how much people pay for insurance

Punto Enthusiast
    Never paid more than about £350 per year TPFT on my GT but then I am an old C U Nxt Tuesday with 13 years NCD

Personally always found FC more expensive and not worthwhile on any car more than about 5 years old as they will just write off your car when repairs are more than it's worth in their eyes...

Performance Direct have always quoted me about half that of any other insurer, every year since I passed my test... That was still the 90's lol!

Punto know it all
    I insured my sporting as a named driver with my uncle in the pilicy the police pulled me over once and joked about him never driving it and I said nothing lol he did drive it and its not abiut being able to afford it dan young drivers pay out there arse now 3k on a p reg 1.1saxo for my 20 year old brother who just passed was the cheapest quite imagine a17 year olds quote insurance is a joke but its illegal to drive without it so if your a named driver just carry on as before you wont get bithered uf you don't do nothing stupid

PSC sex offender no.1
    To give you all some perspective as to how much you are paying...

I'm 28 with 7 years NCB, Aviva only accepting 5 max, I'm paying 650 FC for me, with 3 points, and both parents on a 06 2.2 derv civic.

Get older faster, don't drive like too much of a dick and stop buying luke-warm hatches and you'll get lower prices

Quote Originally Posted by gt1-jamie View Post
    I insured my sporting as a named driver with my uncle in the pilicy the police pulled me over once and joked about him never driving it and I said nothing lol he did drive it and its not abiut being able to afford it dan young drivers pay out there arse now 3k on a p reg 1.1saxo for my 20 year old brother who just passed was the cheapest quite imagine a17 year olds quote insurance is a joke but its illegal to drive without it so if your a named driver just carry on as before you wont get bithered uf you don't do nothing stupid
    Its ALL about the cost Jamie.

People who front policies do so to save money. The cost, however high isnt justification to drive around on someone elses policy when you are the main or probably the only driver. - Look at it from another point of view??? Insurance is SO high for new drivers because statistically they cause the most accidents, FACT. Insurance is SO high these days because so many people drive around uninsured and cause accidents, FACT. Driving on a fronted policy is the same as being uninsured, FACT. Thats how an underwriter sees it.

Insurance is to protect YOU against the liability from damage you may cause, worst case scenario, you kill someone accidentally. Not being covered properly doesnt bare thinking about for Me, shame so many of you are lackadaisical about it, rest assured you people are the reason insurance is so high in the first place.

Im not that old so I do know how expensive insurance can be. I was told at 17 "you'll be grateful in a couple of years" When my dad said I had to insure the car with my own policy. I was and still am.

Punto know it all
    Same as dan, parents didn't/wouldn't let me do this, but I'm better off for it now.

mine cost me nothing to upgrade from a 1.2 corsa 'c' to a 1.4 turbo punto (£1600 for the year on the corsa at 18 with 1 years ncb)
    im just waiting for the renewal to come, something tells me it will be going up a bit

Punto know it all
    I'm paying about £1200 (i say about because i added a few mods that i had to pay for so don't know the current running total!)

That's on a mk4 golf gti 1.8t with all mods declared, front mount, exhaust, r32 kit etc etc
    Was 19 when i took out the policy (originally on a GT, swapped over to the golf) with 3 years ncb
    Last edited by Mags; 11th September 2011 at 12:02.

Punto Lover
    When I first had my GT at 18 I paid £1300 now with 5 yrs nc I'm paying £750, it's funny tho as last year it went up £100 for no reason?!

Punto Enthusiast
    Yes thats why i pointed out on the police and the insurers are clamping down on this now.
    I did hear on the radio they are clamping down on this.
    As i drive around my town my car (and other puntos) do stand out and if they see the same person driving it day in day out just do a insurance check and comes back as a male insuring the car then they will ask the question.
    And as Angie has only had her licence for a year 6 points will take her licence away.

Bird brain???
    Quote Originally Posted by puntowhoopwhoop View Post
    Yes thats why i pointed out on the police and the insurers are clamping down on this now.
    I did hear on the radio they are clamping down on this.
    As i drive around my town my car (and other puntos) do stand out and if they see the same person driving it day in day out just do a insurance check and comes back as a male insuring the car then they will ask the question.
    And as Angie has only had her licence for a year 6 points will take her licence away.
    why would i get 6 points???? ive done nothing wrong, now i know i need to be main driver not a named driver, ive spoke to aa and waiting for the bloke to ring me back and make the change when hes got the ok from the underwriters, the agent himself told me i can still drive it, and if the underwriters say no, ill have to get another insurer

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast