Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thought I'd never see...

Brummy bummer
    Titch and griff but saying that I don't think doing four at once was a good idea as it wor drying fast lol. Collonite 476s Dan as its easy on and easy off, cheap and lasts for ages so ideal if you want to wax it and forget about it for 6 months+.

No, don't go for Collishite. It's not as good as everyone w@nks on about! Autoglym HD gives better aesthetics IMO, and you can also make it last for 10 months if you use the HD Cleanser first! Ideal for winter time, last couple of cars I've done have requested this for longevity reasons over winter. Looks great on red too!!

I'd personally look at using Zaino Z3 - it's a man made polymer sealant, specifically designed for single stage paints. Will give you the ultimate gloss finish, and last for ~6 months. It's only £17 for 250ml I think, which will last you quite a while.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

I'll have a look at them all then.

Needs a serious clay as still got bits of glue from LeMan etc.

I'll have a look at them all then.

Needs a serious clay as still got bits of glue from LeMan etc.

lol. You've only had it machine polished recently?! the paint should be slick as snot!

Make sure you go with a soft clay anyway mate, otherwise you'll risk marring the paint. If it's got bits of glue on it from your stickers presumably, I'd look at using Autosmart Tardis which will dissolve the glue for you, just wipe it off gently with a plush microfibre cloth.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    No, don't go for Collishite. It's not as good as everyone w@nks on about! Autoglym HD gives better aesthetics IMO, and you can also make it last for 10 months if you use the HD Cleanser first! Ideal for winter time, last couple of cars I've done have requested this for longevity reasons over winter. Looks great on red too!!

I'd personally look at using Zaino Z3 - it's a man made polymer sealant, specifically designed for single stage paints. Will give you the ultimate gloss finish, and last for ~6 months. It's only £17 for 250ml I think, which will last you quite a while.
    I disagree, its half the price of the hd wax then you have buy the cleanser on top of that? Most people wouldn't even be able to see the difference in finish between two waxes lol. Look after it and collonite will still be beading after a year I normally use a sealant underneath tbh to add depth as collonite does dull the finish a little imo but in winter it doesnt matter as I want maximum durability over maximum aesthetics.

The z3 you are suggesting does sound good though. My 476s is low so I might try it when that runs out.

People just have a stigma about HD because it's made by Autoglym Colli just isn't that good in my experience, and yet so many people swear by it as being the dogs knob when it comes to a winter wax?!!?!? I suppose there is a price factor involved, the HD wax alone without the cleanser can see 6-8 months, and don't forget when mentioning cost it comes as a kit with 2 applicators and a soft microfibre to remove it. You could still buy Colli and make your own kit cheaper mind, but for the extra few quid I'd go HD every time.

Re: Zaino Z3 - I'd have thought the RS was two-stage paint? I use Zaino Z2 for paint with clearcoat. Basically offers the same looks but designed for two-stage, whereas the Z3 is for single-stage. I would recommend the Z8 Grand Finale as the finishing touch... it's like gloss in a bottle!!

Brummy bummer
    Right, missed the single stage bit. Might try some z2 then!

I'm surprised you don't fancy Dodo SNH, topped with Zaino Z8.

Sick gloss, yo!

Links Matt?

Link to this Autoglym HD? Im not frightened because its autoglym FFS

Was machine polished yar, but had so much rammel stuck to it for months its like a concrete flag now.

I'll wash it when I can but prefer to kane the life out of it over bufting all weekend (though I will do it one day soon before winter )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast