Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: 293bhp & 218lbs/ft @ 1.6bar

PSC Trader

293bhp & 218lbs/ft @ 1.6bar

Well it has been a long time coming, but credit to Cetin for sticking with this build over the last year or so. It is a very highly specced Punto GT, certainly a lot of effort has gone into the build with some interesting solutions to achieving his goals. Tuning isn't a simple game, and budget is invariably a constraint at any level, but nevetheless the results are excellent. This is one very fast Punto... indeed this is one very fast car!

1.6bar (23psi)
    293bhp @ 7389rpm
    218lbs/ft @ 6717rpm
    255 wheel power @ 7266rpm

There are a few limitations to the current setup, therefore it should see the other side of 300bhp with a few more updates. First up are the injectors, unfortunately there was a problem with the 440cc injectors as supplied by Cetin, so we had to make do with 375cc injectors. These found their limit above 1.6bar i.e. 100% duty, therefore it was not possible to push any further, especially in terms of a higher rpm limiter. However, fuel requirements aside, it is the 2.25" exhaust that is causing the biggest restriction. Once this has been changed to a freer flowing 2.5" exhaust we should see some gains in turbo spool as well as top end power.

Regarding the ECU, well there is certainly no requirement to go stand alone. The factory Bosch Motronic ECU along with our "Big MAF" conversion is extremely powerful, and will go far beyond the requirements of any GT. It's not just about peak power, but driveability and fuel economy, all of which are catered for in this big power GT.

Hopefully we will have some further updates over the coming months. There is a little left in the can, but for now this is one banzai GT!
    FC Performance - Punto GT tuning and custom remaps

Check us out on Facebook!

Brummy bummer
    Got any boost graphs? A monster 100hp @ 4k rpm and the torque is lower than I would have expected?

Nice! Fair play if he get's it over 300bhp

Punto know it all
    What's the spec of this then?

Punto know it all
    Only cetıngt noes the full spec..

Punto Lover
    get the full spec out arda. come on

Punto Lover
    Congrats cetin!

What a beast

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    get the full spec out arda. come on
    Will do at some point but may run out space .. You should no most of it anyway ?

Track? It's obvious where we are most saturday and Sunday nights who ever has got the potatoes will come along and have a go a keeping up..

Would also like to add Credit to Cetin as this was his first go at 300hp with the limited funds he had.. Now let's hope some people pipe down.

Punto Lover
    well done to cetin for this build. lets keep it clean. yes some people was proved wrong, lets not gloat. did he fit a lsd in the end up?

So he made more than the 260hp I had said he'd not make - I was wrong. 100hp at 4000rpm though, lol, the car I'm trying to sell has double that at same rpm range. He wouldn't see which way the silver car went. This is the problem when aiming for peak power. A nice result and a quick car in a straight line it may be, but talking about driveability and peak power in the same breath? Nah... Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining

Good luck to him in cracking 300hp though, I genuinely mean that, won't be long - bit more boost, better injectors. Its easy for him now.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast