Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tunnel run for charity?

Punto Lover
    tunnel run for everything but jap crap

bring on the corsa 1.0l are there any tunnels long enough in the uk for them to reach 3rd gear as ive never heard one reach the limiter in 2nd yet

Bird brain???
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    I would donate anyway, you need more than a months notice. And it needs proper organisation.
    if you wouldnt mind steering me in the right direction as to what needs doing for it to go smoothly im more than happy to spend the time and effort organising, and any extra help from anyone with the plans would be greatly appreciated

Punto know it all

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    Would be bang up for this, done a few tunnel runs in teh Evo and fooking loved it.
    Let's see what reaction it gets plus its got to be for a decent cause.
    same what charity would it be for as im doing a charity event myself due to loosing my son to/for (sudden infant death) ie cot death

Punto know it all
    id say we do it for a cancer charity as i bet every one on this form has had some kinda bad news to cancer ..

Bird brain???
    Quote Originally Posted by B3NZARMY View Post
    same what charity would it be for as im doing a charity event myself due to loosing my son to/for (sudden infant death) ie cot death
    im so sorry to hear that benz, i think thats a great cause what event are you raising in?

and as ant said, i dont know anyone who hasnt been effected by cancer someway or another

I'd love to do this any I know after guys with 500s that would prob be up for it

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    I still stand by the fact that will be pointless. How much would you ask to be donated?? The Jap ones are £10 each iirc and circa 1000 cars turn up, this makes it worth it.

Difference is Jap owners tend to be more mature and respectful. You get a load of puntos, fiestas, corsas, shitrons, etc and all your gonna do is get unwanted hassle from the police due to kids doing burnouts etc thinking it's cool. Also half will just turn up without paying which makes the event pointless.

Miss banzai, who organises the Jap run has sky insurance, the police and Essex arena on side. They hold a meeting place at Essex arena where the gates are staffed and unless you've paid then you don't get access or the map of the route.

It's a nice thought but won't happen, well not for the intended purpose.

"hello cancer research. We did a tunnel run where 400 cars attended to raise money. Here's £42.61p that we could manage"

All IMO of course.

Bird brain???
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I still stand by the fact that will be pointless. How much would you ask to be donated?? The Jap ones are £10 each iirc and circa 1000 cars turn up, this makes it worth it.

Difference is Jap owners tend to be more mature and respectful. You get a load of puntos, fiestas, corsas, shitrons, etc and all your gonna do is get unwanted hassle from the police due to kids doing burnouts etc thinking it's cool. Also half will just turn up without paying which makes the event pointless.

Miss banzai, who organises the Jap run has sky insurance, the police and Essex arena on side. They hold a meeting place at Essex arena where the gates are staffed and unless you've paid then you don't get access or the map of the route.

It's a nice thought but won't happen, well not for the intended purpose.

"hello cancer research. We did a tunnel run where 400 cars attended to raise money. Here's £42.61p that we could manage"

All IMO of course.
    i make you right todd, was just an idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12