Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GPM Punto GT 1600cc - £5500 ono

Punto Lover
    that car just wooooooooooow really really nice like it :P

Hello all, just a quick update - if the asking price is met in full, we will throw in a whole host of spares (a full rack of them, including a spare engine!!).

If you're interested in the car, and want to come and take a look / make an offer, we can negotiate another price for the spares if you want certain items etc, we don't mind splitting them up! Once the car's sold, if there's any spares left I'll list them all in the for sale section. The buyer of the car gets first refusal
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    I really would love to buy this car, as I know maybe another 1500 chucked at it and will improve an already awesome car

Tbh with you mate, it is a finished project, it doesn't need any more work doing. It drives fantastically - I'm not bulls**tting when I say it drives better than a standard GT3, with more low down torque and all the extra power. It's more than double the power output of a standard car, and drives better... very low lag, the turbo is making positive boost as little as 2000rpm

I wouldn't recommend changing anything on the car, but having said that, if you were a horsepower chaser, and wish to sacrifice it's beautiful low end power, then you could quite easily make 400hp with an adequately sized turbo and some adjustments to the mapping.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    I'm not talking changing the turbo and map, I'm talking changing the displacement to make full use of this build.

If it makes boost as soon as Matt says it does then there's no need for more displacement? I assume you're talking about another 300cc?
    Maybe to utilize a bigger turbo but this seems well suited to the 1600 high compression lump.

If you upped the displacement further to make it a 1900, then you would need to change the turbo as it would start to become a restriction. The setup is perfect as it is IMO, everything has been carefully matched and thought about beforehand to make the car what it is. I'm sure, with some thought, you could keep similar characteristics with yet more power - but I have a feeling whoever buys this will want to chase 400hp, which would be a shame, as I do believe the car is in fantastic condition now, and for the purists amongst us, remains a 1600 which was the biggest displacement for a Punto...

Punto Lover
    any engine shots?

Do you know what, after a quick look through all my online photo's, I haven't got any of the engine finished in the engine bay I will endeavor to take some before weekend!!

I do however, have a whole host of engine shots during its build phase, including fitting the engine to the car. See here;

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...&highlight=GPM

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Do you know what, after a quick look through all my online photo's, I haven't got any of the engine finished in the engine bay I will endeavor to take some before weekend!!

I do however, have a whole host of engine shots during its build phase, including fitting the engine to the car. See here;

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...&highlight=GPM
    Can't see as i haven't been ripped off...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast