Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod headunit issues...

iPod headunit issues...

Ive had the same HU for quite a few years, it's a pioneer DEH-P75BT, has a small unit for iPod control...

Now I use a 20GB 4th gen IPod as it's of the same vintage as the HU and charges up in the car so I don't have to remove it till I want to update the music etc...

Now a friend gave me his iPod, the same as mine, size and generation and the firmware etc is allthe same. However it won't work in the car!

My iPod reads pioneer on the screen when plugged in but the new one doesn't... And the iPod source selection doesn't recognise an iPod is plugged in.

Any ideas? Bit annoying...

Punto know it all
    is there not some sort of sync like bluetooth within the hu

http://audio.manualsonline.com/regma...Product=246927
    Last edited by B3NZARMY; 8th August 2011 at 23:19.

Punto Lover
    With my kenwood HU, if I select the ext (external) media source, sometimes I have to press a button on my iPod then it works fine for the duration of the journey.

Can you charge the iPod from a pc or maybe a plug socket? The connector on the iPod maybe bust, my iPhones was messed up and i noticed this by trying to play music in the car, then I tried the above and found it was the connector bit that was broken.

No mate, just plug the iPod in with a cable same as charger cable.

Like I said, got two iPods, one works one doesn't...

The second one works perfectly normally, just not with my HU. The Bluetooth is for handsfree etc.

Punto Lover
    Right that sounds a bit odd, I was going to suggest a different cable, the Apple Expert told me the cable I was using to charge my iPhone is not ideal (I think he was chatting it).

There's a cable with a connector that you can pinch either side where the two pins on the adapter go in, apparently that's no good.

There's one, where the connector is just a rectangle with nothing to pinch so the pins on the adapter don't go in.

I got two free cables from the bloke so I wasnt really going to complain.

I don't think accessing the aux menus would do much cause your iPod works. Has your friends iPod have a cover on it? Slightly silly question I don't mean to insult your intelligence maybe that's preventing the cable from fully going in?

That's all I can think of, I was going to say his iPod has a dodgy connector bit, but you said it works fine out your car so I'm lost mate.

Try another iPod? Could be his maybe faulty?

Punto Enthusiast
    I had this same prob on a alpine head unit one min played my ipod touch next it didnt.
    Only thing i can suggest is may be look at the output settings on the ipod that isn't working could be that.
    May be update the ipod that wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by puntowhoopwhoop View Post
    I had this same prob on a alpine head unit one min played my ipod touch next it didnt.
    Only thing i can suggest is may be look at the output settings on the ipod that isn't working could be that.
    May be update the ipod that wont work.
    Yeah was thinking trying to update it but its quite old and assume its up to date, as its the same firm ware as mine.

Other Ipods work fine, my nano works fine, however as a newer iPod it doesnt charge off the HU so gradually goes dead, PITA! Not sure if it displays pioneer on the screen when i plug that ipod in...

There was some debris in the iPod connector when i got it which i thought was up but i got it out and cleaned it, like i said it plugs into my lapto just fine, tough one!

Punto Enthusiast
    Yeah there funny things to be honest. I only ever used to use my nano on mine and it was like the only thing that would work on it after it had been plugged in for a year solid.
    May be upgrade ya head unit to a new one least it will work on the iphone now aswell.

Well i have thought that but it auto connects to my iPhone for bluetooth handsfree anyway and works fine other wise, ive never been one for spending on ICE... I'am considering some better speakers though, check me out

Punto Enthusiast
    Ah right so you can play your songs through blue tooth i believe then.
    and woooo check u out get some bass in da place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast