Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fiat Cinq With Uno Turbo Engine

Punto Lover
    Actually it handles ok IMO, And mate that will beat any standard uno straight up. They are much lighter and with it being stripped, even more lighter.

There are 2 main problem with this car though, it torque steers like a biatch. Second is its way too small in side, if were mine it would only have the one seat

Punto Lover
    Not completely true Dan, ive never mucked around with an evo but have with all the rest and there was nothing in it. When Im finished I should see around 250bhp+ per tonne and thats without nos

Punto know it all
    I think to be fair it'd look ok in black or any colour slightly more masculine. Mind you i'd never take any aesthetic opinion from anyone who owns a jap car - it's like asking your Grandad for fashion advice.

Performance comparisons are a joke and it doesn't take the big man to say my car is faster than yours and normally in an adenoidal voice! No matter how big you THINK you are, someone out there has something faster and better FACT.

As far as I know the Seicento's are about another 50Kgs lighter than an Uno (espec. when stripped) and unlike an Uno the Seicento won't be iron filiings by the end of the year.

People who comment on handling haven't driven a well sorted one, let alone owned one. That is not to say with the extra weight of the UT engine this one would handle well, it would need substantial work, starting with larger wheels to get the power down more effectively.

So you dont think it looks good as it is either, but you dont agree with me because i own a Japanese car?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    They're a horrid car aesthetically
    That wasn't talking about just that car was it

Punto Lover
    I dont think it looks good, i would get rid of the pipe work and intercooler. More of a sleeper look tbh and i would change the colour to black

Quote Originally Posted by jrracing View Post
    That wasn't talking about just that car was it
    Not a patch on the Cinq if you ask me

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sxh71 View Post
    I dont think it looks good, i would get rid of the pipe work and intercooler. More of a sleeper look tbh and i would change the colour to black
    Agree with this.

PSC sex offender no.1
    Quote Originally Posted by sxh71 View Post
    NCAP which means whar buddy??
    NCAP is the european safety ratings....the seicento scored one of the worst results ever.

Simply put the cars crumple zone starts at the bonnet and ends at the rear clusters

I have to agree with Superdan....the cinq was much better looking. . .and driving.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by southy85sx View Post
    Not completely true Dan, ive never mucked around with an evo but have with all the rest and there was nothing in it. When Im finished I should see around 250bhp+ per tonne and thats without nos
    i'll give u the definitive answer on this in any situation apart front a 30 mph rolling start to 100mph race any decent jap awd car will anhilate a punto, cinq turbo, starlet gtt, r5 turbo etc with easy they handle better they go round corners at silly speeds with out even feeling scary, they are comfortable, reliable, if u was to race one from the lights u would see why awd jap cars end up with mega 0-60 times
    a std evo will turn 1/4's in about 13.5 ish at 107 mph
    my punto which has cost nearly as much to build will do 13.9 at 101 possibley a bit better if i wasnt such a tard

i own both a probably just under 1 tonne punto with 240 odd hp
    and a near std evo
    i love both but were i to make a choice between them should i have to get rid of 1 it would be the punto every time

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast