Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Correct usage of Iron-X

Punto know it all
    The saph cossie picture looks like a seriously exagerated example of mine.

Can't wait to buy some of this and give the car a could going over.

Dedo - have you done a topic on claying yet? Something else im considering doing

Banned
    seems a worthy product to invest in! i use provalet wheel cleaner it smells amazing! i only bought a small 500ml bottle to try out but its worth investing a 5l bottle tbh.

Andy go on youtube theres a great meguiars video, I clay'd the gt a few months back with the megs kit, its a soft clay bar and comes with a lube so it doesnt damage the paint work, its also great for touching up inbetween washes and polishing and waxing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEfLGL59GI"]‪How to Clay Bar‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
    (ignore the **** american car )

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/m...se&variant=841
    (good all rounder kit)

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/d...ing-cloth.aspx
    (nice microfibre to wipe it all over with after)

Punto know it all
    I was just curious to see what Debo's preferred method of claying was, mainly because any old idiot can post up a youtube video and most of the stuff on there is complete shite lol

Banned
    oh its like that is it? fair enough, its a meguiars video by a meguiars technician, i dont think its shite at all claying is a standard process, some clay bars require lube some require just water, there are 2 types of clay bar hard and soft as well but any idiot couldnt simply know that ay?

Quote Originally Posted by GTT_Raider View Post
    The saph cossie picture looks like a seriously exagerated example of mine.

Can't wait to buy some of this and give the car a could going over.

Dedo - have you done a topic on claying yet? Something else im considering doing
    On really bad contamination like on that Cossie, which has probably never been treated to de-ironising in its entire 20 year life, you will need to hit the effected area 2-3 times to fully remove it!

I haven't yet done a topic on claying, but I did say to Milkyway the other week that I was going to do that next when I get 5mins to actually take detailed photo's and do an in depth write up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by seaneyb View Post
    seems a worthy product to invest in! i use provalet wheel cleaner it smells amazing! i only bought a small 500ml bottle to try out but its worth investing a 5l bottle tbh.
    Worth making note that Iron-X isn't a substitute for wheel cleaner. As mentioned in my opening post, I washed the wheels with my usual method and cleaner first - when they were "clean" you could still see baked on black dots all around the base of the spoke area. It was at this point I attacked them with Iron-X.

That Meg's vid is by Mike Phillips. He's one of the top detailers in the states, no longer works for Megs, now self employed I think. The video is good. I use the clay in forward and backwards movements only, I avoid circular motions only because as the clay gets loaded with dirt, although the clay bar itself isn't abrasive, the dirt it pulls out can be..

Looks like this when you've done a car;

Banned
    oh no i know that dude, i was saying wheel cleaner wise that provalet stuff is the daddy!

I every few minutes fold the clay bar making the surface cleaner, you should have seen my clay bar all the **** the sucker pulled off was disgusting!

I can imagine mate. I have had to do a couple of really nasty ones. It is genuinely surprising what comes out of the paintwork though, given that the car has just been washed.

Gonna get myself some of this bad lad!

my work cleaning bay use this clay bar stuff its good
    ALL GENUINE FIAT PARTS AVAILABLE AT TRADE PRICES TO PSC MEMBERS
    WE ARE THE 2ND LONGEST SERVING FIAT DEALER
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...38#post1311438

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123