Punto know it all

mitcar

sunday 14th august stoneleigh abbey £5 admission more info to follow

Punto know it all
    Originally Posted by Press Release

MITCAR 2011 - Midlands Italian Car Day

Sunday 14th August 2011

Stoneleigh Abbey, nr. Coventry

Midlands Italian Car Day is back in the West Midlands for its 11th year. The venue is historic Stoneleigh Abbey in the Coventry area.

On Sunday 14th August we will have exclusive use of a large, prime site known as Home Park right in front of the house, which will make an imposing backdrop.

MITCAR will open at 10.30am and stewards will be on hand to park the cars by marque. The entrance fee will again be a modest £5 per Italian Car confirming a commitment to give best possible value. This will entitle all attendees to free entrance to the beautiful riverside gardens on production of the MITCAR programme.
    There is a terrace with a café serving drinks, snacks and light lunches overlooking the scenic River Avon.

Additionally, there will be the option of conducted tours of the West Wing staterooms of the house lasting approximately an hour, probably around midday. This is only available to adults and will cost the discounted price of £5 per person.

As always visitors in any Italian car will be welcome and we can expect both classics and modern. There were an unprecedented 400+ cars present at the fabulous Chatsworth House last year and we look forward to continuing the upward trend.

There will again be a competition for ‘Car of the Day’ (The Camshaft Trophy and Cup) and this year this will involve a popular vote. Other awards will be made but with a change in format over previous years.

The competitive element is always light-hearted at MITCAR and sometimes the unusual and off-beat is rewarded, which might not be the case in a conventional Concours. It all adds to the fun! Prize giving will be at 3pm and, as has become the custom, all those who filled in voting papers will be entered in a prize draw.

Dealership displays are expected for Alfa Romeo and Fiat, and some other trade stands will be present.

Many will want to picnic and this year barbecues will be allowed. Dogs are welcome but must be kept on leash.

More details can be found on the websites www.mitcar.co.uk and www.stoneleighabbey.org

The address is: Stoneleigh Abbey, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 2LF

Punto Lover
    I'm definitely up for this!!! 10 minutes from my house!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    I could be game for this tbh, will have to check the dates

Punto know it all
    sweet lol i wont be a loner then lol

Punto Lover
    Well I don't have an excuse really, it's really not that far from me, i'd say half hour tops from the Shell we were at today

Punto know it all
    shhwwweeeeetttt chet ill be there mate!!!

Punto know it all
    bump bring this bk up

Banned
    I may make the trek up, never been to one. It's a good couple hundred miles for me though!

Punto Enthusiast
    im down for this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast