Thread: Debo - Iron X

Punto know it all

Debo - Iron X

Im noticing increasingly on my GT tiny orange spots over the panels, like you pictured on the boot of your 500.

Now im looking at buying some Iron X. Having read up about it, i see that it basically rapidly accelerates the corrosion process to remove the contaminants out of the paint. What i am concerned about though, is if say i were to spray it onto a panel and that actually had rust forming from the panel work underneath the paint, and not actually iron contaminating the paint.........that could be disastrous?

Punto Lover
    Rat look

Punto know it all
    you toss pot i knew you were guna post something!

Punto know it all
    You two give me jokes lol
    had **** day at work im now smiling ta haha
    Last edited by B3NZARMY; 11th July 2011 at 17:26.

Andy - question: does the panel you intend spraying have rust starting to bubble through the paintwork? If the answer to that is yes, then stay away from using the Iron-X!! I suspect what you're actually asking is, are these little orange dots you've discovered rust actually starting to break the surface? If that's the question, it's highly unlikely because with rust usually comes the bubbling effect. The dots you see on the 500 are actually flat to the surface, or the slightly larger ones you could just feel. The Iron-X is great for removing these. If your orange dots are like those I showed, and are basically scattered all over various panels, I would go ahead and use the Iron-X. Its also great at removing embedded brake dust from your wheels

Iron contamination can happen on any car, new or old - usually as a result of the car being parked near a rail track or similar. It just burrows into your paint. Will eventually lead to rust if left to corrode...

Punto know it all
    Yeah you've got the gist of what i was saying. Been outside polishing today and its not the first time i've noticed it. Theres no bubbling, just several random tiny orange spots appearing on the paint surface, i just wanted to double check.

You've confirmed my suspicions about if i spray it on a rusty panel now too

Thanks for the help