Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My 5 Turbo.. repaired!

Punto know it all
    Love the arches on the phase ones!

Don't you get gripped for those plates? Mine came with a French style set and they were a pain in the ass the police had nothing better to do than pull me over and moan about them

Punto Enthusiast
    i dunno, not had it on the road long enough for police to tailgate me! im hoping that because it was a french car and a LHD and the spacing of the numbers they will think its still french registered and leave me alone! we will see.
    Last edited by r1cky; 8th July 2011 at 22:27.

Punto Lover
    Hello Ricky! I gave you a shout over on r5gtt.com remember? Jaysus man Im sure your ph1 was standard when I last saw it! Looks beautiful mate good job.

Punto know it all
    Any before pics Ricky?

Punto Enthusiast
    sorry for the thread hijack! were still sort of on topic tho.

hey mate! yeah i remeber. The car was standard a few months ago when you last saw it. a lot of people on RTOC might slag me off for messing with an original example but i love the way its turned out, and everything done can be taken off and returned to standard.

heres some before pics, ill get some better shots of how it looks now when this rain goes away!

respray

I ended up snapping the bonnet release cable and had to bend the original bonnet back to open it, so thats why i replaced it with a louvered one that came up for sale localy, i quite like it now and it helps cool the hot hot little engine!

Punto Enthusiast
    southy - any mods to your engine? im thinking of upping the boost to 12 or 14psi , i just want a bit more power but dont want to go silly.
    but think you have to get bigger jets in the carb, is that right?

ive got an alloy intercooler, straight thru stainless, but im a bit worried about taking this carb to bits!

Punto know it all
    What's the plan with the punto now then?

Punto know it all
    Mate you will get raped in every orifice going! The police here had the cheek to pull me over and acuse me of changing them deliberately so the car looked like it wasn't british etc etc, even though i had the original plates in a jiffy bag in the boot with the previous owners name and address on it!!

Punto Enthusiast
    the punto passed its MOT yesterday.
    after being of road since 2008. ive given it to the Mrs to drive! better that than it being stood around, plus im on the insurance aswell so ill get to have a blast. she will just potter about to and from work, i doubt the turbo will even spool up with her driving it

i will risk the renny plates for the time being, police round here arnt as bad as other places. my works van has illegal number plate spacing KIWI 02 and it should be KIW 102, never been stopped for that. touch wood! - whats the worst they can do, just tell you to chage them?
    Last edited by r1cky; 9th July 2011 at 11:21.

Punto know it all
    The Raider pictured earlier (my mates old one) when he bought that years ago it had some funky style plates on it, a matter of days after buying it he got pulled over. They can issue fines send you to court and get DVLA involved etc.

Its stupid!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast