Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: forum changes

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    10 posts is generous by some standards. On the MLR for instance you get 30 posts PER MONTH! AND.... its £35 on there!

If you dont want to pay, you cant play. Andy is a good example, but hopefully he will want to take up the chance to become a full blown member!
    And on MLR none memebrs can't PM at all, and have access to none of the classifieds!

Debs explained the situation well

I'm glad most people are taking a positive attitude about the changes, I thought alot of people would have negative things to say about it.
    Of course Mike has had a moan but he's getting banned anyway #GTFOMike

Punto Lover
    Dont look at it as something you have to do.. looks at it as something you want to do to help the club along. If you dont want to help the club then why hang around?

^^^ Tru dat! That's what we're all aiming towards!

Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    ^^^ Tru dat! That's what we're all aiming towards!
    Just so you know Si, we're clamping down on this text talk nonsense

Feck! Sorry boss, that's strike 1!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by seaneyb View Post
    Yeah, i completely agree and as i said before i'll be glad to help out in anyway shape or form.

One thing i dont know if you have considered... some users may not be members but yet are on the forum everyday helping users solve problems i.e GTT raider. £5 is not alot of money but users with alot of experience who dont want to use the other priviledges but simply want to help other users but with a limit of 10 posts a day seems a bit minimal. I suggest bumping it to 20 atleast and also putting a limit on n00b users say 5 posts a day for a probation period say 30 days? until we know who they are or pay the membership fee etc...therefore blocking strange people like Dans stalker we had a while back or spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    10 posts is generous by some standards. On the MLR for instance you get 30 posts PER MONTH! AND.... its £35 on there!

If you dont want to pay, you cant play. Andy is a good example, but hopefully he will want to take up the chance to become a full blown member!
    Thanks for the kind words from you both

TBH even at the current 20 posts in 24 hours, not very long after logging in i will have exhausted them and i like to think give as much, if not more in the way of help than i take from the forum.

So far i have seen no real reason to spend the money and join the club although it would be nice to have an avatar and signature. For most members the how-to guides will be well worth the money but theres not really been anything covered by them i haven't explored, and found the answers to myself.

As previously said making the items for sale section has been long overdue, and i was very surprised to find it was free to-all when i joined, and increasingly so 4 years down the line.

For £5 i will definitely jump in on the deal this time.

That's the attitude we hope everyone will take!

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    One thing everybody should consider in terms of benifits is the fact of the member base. Some companies wont entertain a small number of people for a discount.

This makes things super hard to negotiate with companies. 1percent of 100 equals not worth the hastle.

1 percent of 1000 is a much better figire to put forward to prospective discounters. And this helps people like dan actually have some power when taking to them.

Chicken and egg scenarios im afraid.

Punto Enthusiast
    I do think it is a good idea its not even 2 hours work to pay for a years membership. The advice i get from here is worth the fee all day long. The garage bills i could have if it wasn't for the forum but im just hopeing there is more club days in the next coming years.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast