Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: forum changes

Punto Lover
    I really can not see the issue with passing over a "tenner" let alone £5!! IV got that in spare change in my GT's ash tray.
    Seriously theres being uptight and then theres being damm right silly. If it was £30 to join then there would be a case, but it aint.
    Quit complaining about such a small sum, and get on with supporting a forum which is stupidly cheap as it is and is trying to be revived by some great guys who wont be able to do so without our help!

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Thanks for the kind words fletch.

^Seconded!

We'll see by mid July wont we, we know how much cash is in there at the minute, if we have enough for an E46 BM by August then we'll know the changes have worked

Punto Lover
    i think your a bunch of robbing c0nts

on a serious note £5 is a perfect amount not many people will mind paying £5 but i think it will be harder to get people to pay £10 if there new and you will only be getting gt owners due to the site is useless for any other model

Hopefully the increased advantages of paying to use the forum will cater to some of our international users too!

Punto Lover
    Jack, well new members will have to pay to get experience. People shouldnt expect to get hand outs for free, i didnt! i was a member for 5 months before i wanted to see more, so i pay the gay little £10 (which is bloody cheap) and like fletch said 'GT ass tray'!

When people pay, then maybe PSC banners could be made, more people turning up to shows. I feel angry when i see the fiatforum there with the big show off banner etc, and PSC turn out is 4-8 cars pushing it haha. I wanna go to a show and make every one go........ wow look at PSC club

The reason you only get 7 or 8 cars to shows is because the other 10 that said they were coming have broken down on the way, because they hadn't paid the £10 to see the how to section and fukked the job up big style

Punto know it all
    What else is on the cards? is the main website actually going to have any contents added it? such as any articales of interest or features? theres more to the club than a just a forum?

I don't own a GT any more, but I do own a MK2 1.2 ELX jobby, I still like to pop on every now and then and follow project threads ect (and read the banter lol).

Motorsport clubs have magazine and contents on the website for people to read and view, it gives people (not just members) an idea of what they are about). I use other forums that do not charge but yet I know some are locked down tighter than Guantanamo bay until you join/pay.

For some users (like me) a fee for stuff that actually is not important to them, such as group buys, how to's and club events would not warrant paying up.

However if other things that were interesting like article, features and ongoing projects were substantial enough in content to keep the user coming back for more.. then £5 is well worth it.

But like said prevoiosuly by other, you gotta be careful not to off put newbie or people that are considered to not be like most on here... i.e. see their car as a hobby some people see their car as just a car and need help and adivse to keep it on the road, we should be helping them and then hoping that they rerturn to putting up walls to hinder new people.

Not that much is going to change to be honest, i dont see where this perception has come from.

The website will be updated, front page et-all. Its in the pipe line.

PSC Pisshead
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    The website will be updated, front page et-all. Its in the pipe line.
    Front page
    Who looks at that?

I still stand strong for a Free forum for Free speach on mind

x

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast