Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mk1 Gt3 16vt For Sale

Banned

Mk1 Gt3 16vt For Sale

Hey all,
    Due to unforseen circumstances and work deciding to cut everybodys wages (company not making enough money, HA) It has bought me to the decision to sell my punto project on. I desperatly am trying to find any excuse for it not to go, but so far, none have been valid.

It is a 99.9% complete project, only needing the injector issue worked out. When fitted and plugged in, all dash lights and buttons worked, engine turned over and fuel gets to the rail, but the injectors wont pulse. I dont know if its an easy fix, but i have a feeling its down to my loom to why its not working.
    I have searched high and low for all the parts i have collected, and has taken me a good 3 years to track all the bits down, to what in my mind, would be my perfect punto and one i had dreamed of owning.

The shell was only recently purchased from adi, and has sat up my unit for the last 2 months, with me occasionly fitting the odd bits to it. I was sold it as a minter, but upon firther inspection, it could do with the inner rear arches taking back with a wire brush and re sealing. Its not gone through, but im a fussy bugger. I will give it a full wash and polish as the paints quite faided, i got it like this, but dont really wish to hand it on like it. I have fitted my smooth bonnet to it and recently cut out and welded in some louvre vents. Have started smoothing the vents in, but since deciding to sell it, i havnt touched it.

The engine i purchased from a local chap who was breaking the coupe. I heard it running before it was removed so know it is a good engine. It has covered 120k and was told by the previous owner, that the head gasket was replaced at 98k, but no information on the cam belt (new cam belt and tensioner is included) I had refurbed the Inlet and rocker cover with high temp metallic black paint, but from fitting, it has suffered some battle scars. When it was in my punto, i changed the oil (10w-40 mobil 1) fitted new oil filter, New champion plugs and sourced down some new standard leads (should have receipts for it all)

Everything listed below will come with the car, as when this goes, i would like to clear my unit and garage of everything punto related
    - Broom Yellow shell 1997 (shell ,doors, wings, boot, 2x front bumpers)
    - 2ltr 16v turbo engine and gearbox (all conversion gear)
    - Scorpion Exhaust and Dr.evil de-cat
    - Corbeau Sprint Bucket seats
    - Plasma Dials
    - Wind Delfectors
    - Large front mount intercooler
    - All inlet to turbo pipework (brand new)
    - Oil Catch Tank
    - Angel eyes w/HID kit
    - Luke and Willians Harness
    - Steering boss kit
    - Wilwood Dynalite 4pot Calipers
    - Brembo 289mm front discs (need a clean up)
    - Refurbed Gt3 rear calipers (brand new discs and pads)
    - Refurbed rear beam (with brand new trailing arms)
    - Turbo timer
    - Front Adjustable Strut Brace
    - Rear quarter window tints
    - Abarth spoiler (still mounted on another boot panel)
    - Abarth Sideskirts
    - Gt Interior (all but drivers seat)
    - Cobra alarm (needs to be soldered into loom)
    - Additional rear lights
    - Yokohama A048 track tyres (used for one lap of brands on a lotus)
    And numerous other spares that i have lying about, spare heater matrix etc
    For all of the above i am asking £3700 and want this to go as a whole, being that i dont want any bits left laying about that i have to own for years and years

The buyer will need to bring theyre own wheels, as i've waited to own the current wheels for the last 4 years and plan, to eventually, come back to a punto and 2ltr it when my financial status has improved.
    I can include some 14" wheels if the buyer wishes, i used them for rolling my shells about on. Tyres are shot, theyre kurbed etc, but hold air. so really, its all theyre good for.

It will obviously have to be trailored away, as at present it is by far from being a running car

If not enough interest is gathered, i will consider breaking, but will have to have a name against everything in the listing before i start taking it apart and shipping bits out. I have allready worked out prices of individual parts, but will not endulge in them until i have interest

I only have a few pictures at the moment, but when I get back up my unit, I will get pictures of all the bits that will be included, as well as the shell in its current state of play. The picrures of the above are to show what shell it is, there is no carbon bonnet or carbon spoiler etc
    Everything is located in braintree, essex

Punto Lover
    Seems abit expensive for a car not running, But could be a easy fix GLWS

Banned
    Yeah but I'm pricing it on the last few that where sold and the parts that where included with them compared to mine.
    It should be an easy fix for someone who knows what theyre doing, but to be honest, i just want a car thwt i can drive now

Punto Lover
    Would be fun to drive a 2ltr punto lol bet there a right weapon!!

Banned
    Well, the longer it stays in my possesion, it will be getting finished further, so may be able to answer that, lol

PSC gypsy farmer
    I was interested in this till I saw the price!

Banned
    Pm me an offer then, I can either say yes or no

As said, reason for price is a compared the last 2 that where sold to what mine has with it and its potential. Pretty much everything,on this car has either been refurbished or is new

Banned
    the last 2 sold were working tho dude, good luck.

Banned
    I know that, but with all the goodies i have on it that others dont, I've reflected that in the price

I am open to offers though, it has potential to be an animal

Yeah I gotta agree the price is a bit optimistic. You've gotta remember that just because everything is bolted into place doesn't mean it's 99% finished.
    You'll not even know if the engine mounts are right until you can get the engine under load and let it rock back and forward and make sure it isn't bashing off the chassis. It took me 3 goes to get all of my mounts right, and there's only mm's to play with.

Not trying to p155 on your parade but I think you've gotta take it into account when trying to sell for a good price like this.

GLWTS though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast