Thread: Couple of question Debs.

Couple of question Debs.

Was gonna ask via PM but I may as well ask here so everyone else can read too.

Back to black - there are some grey bits on the Clio that I'd like to change from grey to black. What would you recommend?
    Ideally I'd like summit that you don't have to apply once week, surely there's summit out there that only needs putting on once every few months?

Alloy wheel protector. Supposed to stop brake dust sticking to them. Yes? Everyone iv tried seems to do the complete opposite and all the muck sticks to them...

Best wax for a combination of black and grey cars?

Brummy bummer
    Need more than wax to fix that Clio mate lol. I'll let Debo offer his knowledge on the other things (a lot of it is personal preference tbh!) but I find Poorboys Wheel Sealant great. Nothing will stop brake dust sticking really, only make it easier to remove.

I'm working on a way to permanently restore faded plastics using a heat gun! but as far as a product goes, I find the Dionysus Trim Glitz the best out there, and it lasts for months too!

This is a picture of it in action from the weekend;

As far as alloy wheel sealant goes, the Poorboys is what I use, and it gets good results - ideally you need to layer it 3 or 4 times to make best use of it though. Only takes about 10mins to cure, so by the time you've coated all 4 you can go back to the beginning again. If you're looking for something more permanent, there are better products out there - G|Techniq C5 is alot more expensive, but it's an apply once product and lasts 12-18mths. You will need to fully prep the wheel before applying this though... i.e take them off, wash thoroughly, de-tar, clay them etc. Otherwise it wont be as effective and you'll be sealing the crap onto the wheel.

Punto Lover
    Worth taking a look at this http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars...trim-restorer/ Gtechniq have a very good reputation and there products are held in very high regard.

Punto Lover
    FYI "there" should be "their" lol

Stupid no editing posts!

I haven't used their trim restorer yet, as I've been happy with the Dionysus, but from reading the reviews it's good stuff. Can't really comment on how it works due to no experience with it, supposed to be a more permanent solution. Pricey though, same sort of money as the wheel armour I suggested.

Tres bonne, will give them a go

Punto Lover
    I was told vinegar removes white marks from bumpers but have never tried it.
    Has anyone tried it and does it work or was i getting me leg pulled?