Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: dta stand alone gt!

Quote Originally Posted by mjjgt View Post
    ye i know what your saying but why would i have a bill with the pistons and rods! like i say i didnt put it all together but evan if the rods are standerd there still up to the job!
    Because its not unheard of for engine builders to do such things... nothing new, but we hear about it less on here these days as less people pay for engines to be built.

I suggest you start a proper for sale thread with a price and full details. This isnt a for sale thread, or the for sale section.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Because its not unheard of for engine builders to do such things... nothing new, but we hear about it less on here these days as less people pay for engines to be built.

I suggest you start a proper for sale thread with a price and full details. This isnt a for sale thread, or the for sale section.
    the car isnt forsale as yet im just seein if i get any intrest as im in to minds to keep it and back to the rods are the gt1 rods the same as gt3 becouse i have my gt1 rods out and they look diffrent to them in the pic?

Punto Lover
    I love the look of the car mate but you need to get it mapped as it is with the new parts. It should make quite abit more power and no one is going to give you half of its worth with this write up! Not trying to be negative mate just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by mjjgt View Post
    the car isnt forsale as yet im just seein if i get any intrest as im in to minds to keep it and back to the rods are the gt1 rods the same as gt3 becouse i have my gt1 rods out and they look diffrent to them in the pic?
    Same rods.

I cant be 100% but those in the pics look like a Fiat rod to me.

Its either for sale or its not, thats how PuntoSports works these days, for the greater good and all that...

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by southy85sx View Post
    I love the look of the car mate but you need to get it mapped as it is with the new parts. It should make quite abit more power and no one is going to give you half of its worth with this write up! Not trying to be negative mate just trying to help.
    i know mate but it wont be going for 1500quid thats for sure ye cars going to get mapped again but i think i need to find someone thats going to do the job ryt! cheers for your feedback

As Debo always says, look on the DTA website for their approved mappers!!

Punto Lover
    Same rods.

I cant be 100% but those in the pics look like a Fiat rod to me.

Its either for sale or its not, thats how PuntoSports works these days, for the greater good and all that...
    ill put it in the forsale then dont want to be breaking rules!

cheers for your coments and who would you advise to map my car i live near york!

cheers again

Well you're not a million miles from Rik Wood who maps Debo's dads car and is a well reknowned motor engineer for road and race, he is over near StockPort i think, dont quote me on that though!

Check the DTA website.

Punto Lover
    Well you're not a million miles from Rik Wood who maps Debo's dads car and is a well reknowned motor engineer for road and race, he is over near StockPort i think, dont quote me on that though!

Check the DTA website.
    ok cheers mate!

Dan's right, Ric's in Stockport. Not only that, but you should really look at getting the DTA mapped properly, doesn't sound like they've done it right tbh. You'll need to ring DTA, tell them where you're based and they will tell you who's nearest to you that they recommend. You can ask them about Ric Wood if you want, he might already be the nearest guy anyway. For the North West they tend to say Ric Wood (Ric Wood Racing) first, and then depending where you are, they might also say Wayne Schofield (Chip Wizards).

Put it this way, there's loads of mappers out there, but DTA themselves will only use a handful of them across the country. The "best of the best" kind of thing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast