Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alexgt turbo cinq?

Quote Originally Posted by alexgt View Post
    after fitting a 3litre alfa v6 in the back, car was broke for spares after nearly ripping the chassis in half.
    pics?
    Punto Gt no more!

Punto know it all
    Sounds like a proper load of Bullshit about fitting a V6 Alfa engine! I believe (unless I am completely out of touch) it is with a new owner in Scotland.

If you want to know all about the car talk to username 'Alex22' (the guy in the vid!) - he's a newish member on here and has a GT now funnily enough. After the Cinq in the vid he had an Uno Turbo. He's on the post below.

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...d.php?t=118243

BHP on those Van Aaken Turbo Cinqs used to vary - anything from 85 to about 130bhp dependant on state of engine etc. I'd guess Alex's was about 110? Don't know though.

It used to fly though the torque delivery was very good.

Um yer that was mine :'( don't half miss it!

Alfa V6 engine was a good idea!!! why didn't i think of that! :P lol.

It was a mish mash of the 1.2 and 1.1 FIRE engines.

I had a 1108 top end and a 1242 bottom from a punto 85. the pistons provided low enough compression to run the boost through. it had the Vanaaken turbo conversion but with the addition of an intercooler and oil cooler etc etc.

In the vid it was only running the 1.1 engine with Mahle low comp pistons but sadly the fuelling wasn't right and she went pop a couple of weeks after it was filmed.

Bought the UT shortly after and then fixed up the cinq and sold it to a lad named matt up in scootland. he bought GhostWKDs cinq too (yellow turbo, dunno if any of you know of it)

After i sold the uno i switched to the Punto and not looked back since.

Never had the Cinq rolling roaded but it was bloody quick. achilles heel was the gearing. running it in the red in 5th at top speed was all too easy and obvs was no good for the engine with quite a basic fuel system.

anyway, was good times

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by jrracing View Post
    Sounds like a proper load of Bullshit about fitting a V6 Alfa engine! I believe (unless I am completely out of touch) it is with a new owner in Scotland.

If you want to know all about the car talk to username 'Alex22' (the guy in the vid!) - he's a newish member on here and has a GT now funnily enough. After the Cinq in the vid he had an Uno Turbo. He's on the post below.

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...d.php?t=118243

BHP on those Van Aaken Turbo Cinqs used to vary - anything from 85 to about 130bhp dependant on state of engine etc. I'd guess Alex's was about 110? Don't know though.

It used to fly though the torque delivery was very good.
    never even seen it before that vid, sounded like a good day out though!

Punto Enthusiast
    Lol. I want me one of those!!

I used to bring it to brooklands all the time :P lol. Some of you must have seen it?

Punto Lover
    y10 integrale would be fun!
    http://www.nyssa.ltd.uk/Y10/My_Y10_34.htm

Punto Sports Club Member cinquepunto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex22 View Post
    I used to bring it to brooklands all the time :P lol. Some of you must have seen it?
    I know enzo quite well from ace cafe and guildford cruise (back in the day eh?)
    CinquePunto - Five Point Photography
    Like a bulldog eating mayonnaise!...

Punto know it all
    If it was a Van Aaken conversion with the T15 turbo (similar kit for the Ford Ka 1.3 at the time) they sold this kit with a headline figure of 102bhp and 100lb/ft torque at 0.5bar but this guy has his boost adjusted between 0.7 and 0.8 bar so its likely to exceed 120bhp. funny thing is it only weighs around 750-800kg and you can see how it goes in the vid. I bet round town its an absolute hoot in the lower gears.

seems to handle the extra power nicely too-goes round bends better than my GT! Alex aint hanging around on those country lanes.

Would be a good little runabout now at only 1.1 litres given the price of petrol!

Alex delivers the video very well with hardly a slipped up word and he knows all his stuff off by heart. one of the best videos of its kind Ive seen. i think he might have found his vocation.....move over Clarkson.

Same exact words came out of my mouth mate when I saw this .. Even the audio quality and the music effects and songs are spot on! Brilliant!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast