Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mk1 Fiat Punto Bertone 1.2 16v Cabriolet

Punto Lover
    im a fan of this car, think its pretty cool, could do with some better wheels though,

its deffo ripe for a gt lump dropping straight in!!

small update

put on the OMP drilled and grooved discs to replace the shite ones that were on it. the red goodridge brake hoses are gonna take a couple of weeks to arrive so ill do them as a seperate job and do a brake fluid change at the same time.

Got a new hood from BAS international and got it booked in, in two weeks to have the new hood fitted. Also bought a Punto GT leather steering wheel coming from a ebay.

Punto know it all
    I'm really liking this car.

You're putting a lot of attention into it.

Also I'll bet the new hood will set you back a fair bit?!

Quote Originally Posted by sicskate View Post
    I'm really liking this car.

You're putting a lot of attention into it.

Also I'll bet the new hood will set you back a fair bit?!
    Cost is not as bad as I originally thought. Got a new one for £350, and got a quote for £160 to fit it from a company that's less then a mile from me. so all in about £500 when I thought I was looking at about £600-£700 fitted cost. Ive done most of the things myself on this but iam not attempting to fit the hood.

At the end of the day, this little projects gonna cost £3-£4K which seems mental on a 14 year old little Punto, but the money wasnt really the issue, this is what the wife wanted, not many Punto cabs around anymore, and its been nice bringing back an old car to life that would have ended up down the scrap yard. Much more satisfying then buying a more modern car for £3-£4k like a VW Golf for example when there so common.

The Misses finished trimming the back seats, which look pretty good for a DIY job with minimal amount of tools for the job.

Cars booked in on the 28th March to have the new hood fitted for a good price of £160. Also got a Punto GT Black leather steering wheel coming from ebay.

just a few pics

small update

Changed the standard cabriolet steering wheel, with a black leather Punto GT2 one complete with airbag, straight swap, just had to rewire the horn wiring and job done.
    Also changed the brake hoses to red goodridge ones.

Original Wheel

Genuine Fiat Punto GT2 Black Leather Wheel

Red goordrige hoses

Punto Lover
    very nice, good effort on the rear bench as well!

Had the new black PVC hood fitted today and looks much better then a stapled in sheet of plastic for a rear window. Needs to be left with the hood up for 2 weeks for the it to stretch and settle before opening it. Shame its not abit darker as it looks grey against the gloss black paint, but the only way around that would be to get a cloth hood which costs more but stains easier and is harder to clean, so this will have to do.

OLD HOOD

NEW HOOD

Punto know it all
    Looking very nice!!

OK, this project is now near completion and my wallet will have a sigh of relief

just had new cat back exhaust, cylinder head gasket and bolt set, new timing belt and tensioner, helicoiles and bolts, brake hose clips and full system re-bleeding and camshaft blanking plugs.

Also passed MOT with 2 advisory's,:
    1. surface corrosion on inner wings (seems to be about all the rust its got)
    2. under side heavily under-sealed (not sure why that's a problem to be honest unless his hinting that's its hiding something horrible)

Only just passed on emissions and giving that its had a new exhaust system and lamba sensor its all pointing to the cat which is the only old bit left so iam gonna be replacing that next.

Just need to get it insured and taxed, full tank of V-Power, then take it down to have a Clifford Arrow 5.1 alarm fitted with the central locking on remote as theres bugger all protection on it right now. replace the passenger lock from what looks like an attempted break in at some point and paint the locks up gloss black to blend in to the paint work a little better. Figure what to do about the holes in the tailgate where the badges once sat and add small front and rear bib spoilers so it sits level with the sideskirts, then that should be it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast