Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Basstodds

Cheap Basstodds

Just catching up with the forum from last week, on the threads posted over the last couple of days...

Just thought id make a point of how cheap and tight owners are these days.

Its not forum wide at all, but some people... I cant believe how tight arsed they are, especially when they are trying to "tune" or "build" a car. Most of which couldnt tune a freeview box or build a proper sentence...

Tuning a GT isnt hard, and it is most definately cheap when compared to its competitors, more so with the SEB chips and live mapping now available for only a couple of hundred pounds... But still people want to skirt around using a decent fuel pump, or "feul" pump as its often posted and other basic upgrade parts...

Yet then people want to use FPRs and bigger injectors on seb2. or run seb4 with a standard turbo and the like...

PSC really needs an IQ or at least a common sense test before people can post help topics. (Not gona happen, but we can dream!)

Discuss

Yes, I have noticed an increase in the number of herberts and a decrease in the average IQ number for this forum. It's gone from 12 to just 9 now!! Not alot anyone can do really. Unfortunately the GT is just a cheap 90's Fiat, and other Punto's have become practically priceless (in that, how can you put a price on a 100k mile M reg 55SX with scrapes down every panel? you just cant... if you gave it away you'd be charging too much)

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    I agree 100%

A post got locked yesterday because i offered an alternative method and basically the original poster didn't like it. In regards to skimping on parts and tuning, I'll just throw an example in there.
    Bradleyboy was selling a Saab fmic, straight fit to original pipe work, perfect for seb 0/2 on a budget £10. But still someone was trying to haggle him saying he will have it if brad pays for insured postage, WTF, it's £10. Anyway in the end I took it lol

Punto know it all
    I know I might be like that at times but were all still learning and tbh iv only been on here about a year but even iv noticed how dim some people are on here
    As for being cheap I don't understand why people are cheap when it's a hell of a lot easier to just pay that bit more a do it right first time rather than messing around and ****ing it up 5 times over

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddGT View Post
    I agree 100%

A post got locked yesterday because i offered an alternative method and basically the original poster didn't like it. In regards to skimping on parts and tuning, I'll just throw an example in there.
    Bradleyboy was selling a Saab fmic, straight fit to original pipe work, perfect for seb 0/2 on a budget £10. But still someone was trying to haggle him saying he will have it if brad pays for insured postage, WTF, it's £10. Anyway in the end I took it lol
    That was me and I think it was mis-understood I meant that I would pay for the postage and insurance as long as it deffinetly gets insured

Quote Originally Posted by cragterharris View Post
    I know I might be like that at times but were all still learning and tbh iv only been on here about a year but even iv noticed how dim some people are on here
    As for being cheap I don't understand why people are cheap when it's a hell of a lot easier to just pay that bit more a do it right first time rather than messing around and ****ing it up 5 times over
    Its not always aimed at you Craig lol.

But yeah, your bob on, do it right the first time. Doing it right usually means doing the way people have done it for years... "I dont want to be a sheep and i wana be different" is no reason to do Arthur-job.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cragterharris View Post
    That was me and I think it was mis-understood I meant that I would pay for the postage and insurance as long as it deffinetly gets insured
    Oh lol Bradley didn't read it like that either as was talking to him bout it Saturday night.

I was thinking just the same about Bradleys FMIC, a few years ago that would have sold within an hour, and for a tenner!!

And decent parts that are worth decent money don't sell unless they're offered for 1/5 of their RRP. Look at all the stuff that Kyle is selling, decent stuff selling for the going rate, but not selling.

Glad i sold up when i did tbh, i made a profit on most of my used parts. I dont think you can scrape the money back out like you used to be able to.

Punto Sports Club Member
    I always offer a bag of haribo first...just in case I can nab a bargain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast