So, this weekend has been a busy weekend for me - just in general and a bit of product testing aswell.

My car hasn't yet had any machine polishing - partly because it I can't really justify it, since the dealership did such a good job, and partly due to time constraints (same old story in my family, always working on someone elses car).. there's one or two parts that need some attention. I'll do the full car in the summer no doubt.

But anyway, close up, on the rear of the car and on odd random parts of it, the car is suffering quite badly from iron contamination. The dealership I bought it from in Manchester is very close, well underneath, the metrolink tracks - consequently, lots of iron filings have found their way into the paintwork. This, if left untreated, can lead to paint damage and also rust!! So I decided I'd make a start removing the worst of it, on the rear.

Iron decontaminent, which sprays on clear and turns purple when it reacts with iron particles. This is a product I'm currently testing for Shinearama, so not allowed to say what it is at the moment It works anyway, as you'll see...

Even on the plastic rear bumper..

Wiped off with a damp cloth, removing the iron.

And a row of cars that I helped in some way or other at Shinearama yesterday:

Some more testing, not by me but thought I'd show you the results anyway, of a very mildly acidic wheel cleaner - not something I'd ever use tbh, but the owner of Shinearama wanted to try it on some manky old wheels..

No agitation, just straight forward spray on, rinse off..

You can see where not all the dirt up the spoke has come off.. always best to agitate, but like I said, not for me this acidic wheel cleaner business!!

I also took the time to do some beading shots of the various cars I was working on this weekend - it's a good comparison for you guys to draw your own conclusions from as to what you would like on your car.

So first up is mine with G|Techniq C2 sealant, doesn't bead that great but repels dirt like there's no tomorrow:

Mercedes A-Class I corrected and have since maintained, with Autoglym HD Wax (some 8 months after application ):

GPM Punto with Zaino Z2:

On top of doing this that and the other, I also had to take a look at an Audi I look after. It has some sort of scratch resistant (hardened) clearcoat on this car, so hasn't needed to see my polisher, until today anyway..

not 100% corrected (just being honest, you'd never know if I didn't tell you because it looks perfect!), as there's still some deeper scratches in there, but I don't like going mad on bits of trim like this.

The other side was subjected to the same treatment:

The car was washed of course. 2 bucket method etc. Some final shots in the sun

Wet look anyone????

And finally..

Right, I'm gonna go have a lye down before I give myself a hernia. That's enough boring car washing s**t to post for one day

Matt.