Thread: No-touch washing!

No-touch washing!

Hi guys,

I've been up to allsorts this weekend, including today doing a "no touch wash" on the GPM Punto and finishing it off from the correctional work I did a few weeks back.

So I'll start with the Punto, as it's topical...

It hadn't been washed since the full exterior detail it was subjected to a fortnight ago. It hadn't done so many miles since, maybe 50 or so, but had gathered alot of dirt from the heavy rain and wind we've had in this past week. As I've made alot of you guys new (and old) to cleaning aware, that it's the wash phase that causes the damage, I thought I'd show what cleaning can be like when you have a good solid foundation to work from. By this, I mean that the paintwork had been fully detailed and protected using Zaino Z2.

I started with snow foaming - chose to do it on a dry car this time, usually do it after a pre rinse, but after PuntoGT's advice in another thread, decided I'd do it dry this time just to show the same results can be achieved (as you'll see my other write ups in this section have always involved a pre-rinse).

I decided this was all I'd do to the car, just foam it and rinse, as I was sure that it was all that would be required because the Zaino protection is great, and the foam would see to any loose dirt that was bonded to it.

I gave the alloys a quick spray of Bilberry too whilst they were foamed. These wheels had been subjected to a couple of coats of Poorboys Wheel Sealant only a few weeks back before they were refitted to the car during the detail we did.... they were pretty clean to begin with, as not alot sticks to the sealant! But agitated the wheel backs and literally just rinsed the faces.

I then began rinsing the car down. It's worth mentioning at this point, the longest part of the job so far was getting all the equipment out, as the rinse was done some 5 or 6 mins after the foams application..

After it was all rinsed down, I gave the paint a quick grope to check nothing nasty was stuck on it anywhere, and it wasn't. So decided to dry, with caution, and inspect as we (me and my dad, who's hand you'll see in a second) went along with the waffle weave drying towel...

Yeah, detailing in a Rolex isn't usually best practice...

Then that was it, job done in 10mins (20 if you include getting all the gear out), using the zero bucket method

Still can't see that scratch

After this was done, I decided to finish the job I started a couple of weeks ago, and get the glass cleaned inside and out, and coat the exterior glass with some G|Techniq G3 (I can actually carry out complete G|Techniq details, using all of their materials and even the C1 crystal lacquer if required).

During the past few weeks, my dad's also removed and refitted the interior, including changing seats from Brava seats back to genuine GT3 seats. He gave these a deep clean using the wet vac prior to fitting last week..

1) Going good - check
    2) Looking good - check

Banned
    also a note only use ph neutral snow foam as normal snow foam may take off the wax protection.

Correct. All products I use are "wax safe".

See this thread also...
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...d.php?t=118296

Some pictures of the Zaino Z2 in action during the rinse phase

PSC Pisshead
    Looking forward to getting my snow foam stuff now

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMike View Post
    Looking forward to getting my snow foam stuff now

Love it! They best bit is the funny looks you get off people when they walk past

Punto Lover
    Bit off topic, but what steering wheel and boss is that? Looks like a OMP Trecento Steering Wheel but dunno about boss

It's a Momo boss.