Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got any specific requests re: car care?

Punto Lover
    chet is that the one with the black and blue leather?

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmracing View Post
    chet is that the one with the black and blue leather?
    Yes it is

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Having never had a go at a red Punto I couldn't say whether the paint was single or two stage, so that's the best advice I can give you really.
    It's single stage sweetie. G3 bought my first red one up a treat in no time at all! Old skooool

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by chetchet007 View Post
    I got a sponge and wiped the sliding door and I was correct. What's the best way to restore white on a transit?
    I've done my moms fella's white Transit, wish I'd taken pictures. It was like an off-white before and a good wash and Megs 83 on a light/med cut pad and it was glowing white when I'd finished. You should have seen the 50/50, proper mental how yellow it had gone. Really annoyed I didn't take pics now.

That's just what I used btw, you should always use the least abrasive that gets the best results as you want to achieve maxiumum correction whilst taking off the least amount of clearcoat/paint.

Quote Originally Posted by munch8987 View Post
    hey debo, have signed up on dw and been gathering some hints and tips. Just a quick question, i bought adi's broom yellow shell and by far, the paint has seen better days. The rear quarter panels and boot, part of the roof saying that, have faded quite badly. Im looking into getting a da polisher and few other bits, but am after some help from someone who knows what they're on about. I can get some pictures, but wont be for a few days
    thanks in advance
    Ben
    Hi Ben, a DA is a perfectly good option, and with the right pad and polish combo you should be able to rectify the fading. I'm going with the assumption here that the none-metallics are single stage based on what Kyle said about the red - I know the metallics are two stage. When you're ready to start, and have some pics, please post another thread and we can discuss in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    It's single stage sweetie.
    Good lad, thanks for the heads up. Chet, on that basis, your red Punto can be saved, and all the fading removed. If you want to bring it over, I'm happy to take a look and show you a sample of what it could look like if I or someone else with a machine were to do the car..

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    you should always use the least abrasive that gets the best results as you want to achieve maxiumum correction whilst taking off the least amount of clearcoat/paint.
    Sound advice

Punto Lover
    wish i had that interior in mine!!!!!!!

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmracing View Post
    wish i had that interior in mine!!!!!!!
    I wish I had a blue car but this one seemed to have something about it I liked.

Kyle and Matt, these abbreviations you're using e.g., DA, G3 and I take it Megs is short for meguiers?? What do they mean? Do you have links to what sort of products I'd need??

I presume when Kyle is talking about G3 he means the Farecla stuff - popular with bodyshops! Now available in Halfords too I see

DA = Dual Action, which is a type of machine. Megs is Meguiar's as you've rightly said. When I quote polishes I generally quote the make and grade/type, i.e Scholl S40+. I haven't yet done any polishing guides, claying was the next one I was going to do when I get 5mins to generate some pics and think of how to structure it. Regarding products for polishing though and composing a list, I can sort that out in the morning mate!

Punto know it all
    Farecla has replaced the 3m fast cut range due to "apparent" cancer scare!

I personally wouldn't touch it as with most reasonably good foam/lambswool heads it's just too aggressive! But the g6 does smell nice, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chetchet007 View Post
    Do you have links to what sort of products I'd need??
    Kestrel DAS-6
    LC Hydro-Tech Polishing Pad
    Scholl S17+
    Poorboys White Diamond Glaze
    Wax or Sealant*

*This is down to your own personal preference, as to which type of look you prefer, durability etc..

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast