Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone got any specific requests re: car care?

Well, you can use the APC, or switch to this which would be slightly better:

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/product.php?id=STG-HJUL-16

£8.

Punto know it all
    debo hi mate ive been using auto smart carbnuba wax on the paint work and always use silicone to dress the rubbers and plastics but what's the best way to remove the excess over-spray of the silicone on windows and body as this does inter-fear with the polish
    also what's the best way to bring the badges back too colour should i use auto smart high-style gel
    another Q = how can i remove the tiny stones in my foot-well i have a numatic wet and dry twin fan hoover but this still doesn't budge them even after brushing
    thanks .,.,Benz.,.,

Hi mate, for the oversprayed residue on windows and paintwork, you're best using an all purpose microfibre work towel and perhaps some all purpose cleaner at a weak dilution lightly misted on the towel.

Can't really advise you on the badges without seeing them tbh - have you got any pics?

Regarding the tiny stones in the footwell, ordinarily I'd say brushing the carpets with the head of the vac near where you're working should be enough. Numatic vacs have a really strong motor, I use a Charles wet/dry, which one have you got? If the carpet is really deep pile and they are stuck in there even after trying the above, I'd say the only thing left that you can do pick the worst of them out... there's no chemicals or anything else you can try really (well, I don't think there is).

PSC Pisshead
    Hi Matt

For some reason my card wouldnt work on the site and kept crashing the cart page so i shopped with chemical guys insted and a friend said they are good products. I will start another thread with what ive purchased!

Thanks for all your help

Ahh ok, nice one mate. They are all pretty good tbh. Shinearama are my main supplier, that's all. I have just been to see them at lunch actually, wish I'd have known about the site issues, could have mentioned it. They also have the 1ltr of Bilberry wheel cleaner in stock, which I thought they would. Very rare they run out of such a popular item, they just haven't updated the site today!

PSC Pisshead
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Ahh ok, nice one mate. They are all pretty good tbh. Shinearama are my main supplier, that's all. I have just been to see them at lunch actually, wish I'd have known about the site issues, could have mentioned it. They also have the 1ltr of Bilberry wheel cleaner in stock, which I thought they would. Very rare they run out of such a popular item, they just haven't updated the site today!
    See my other post hope you think ive gone for some good material

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by B3NZARMY View Post
    debo hi mate ive been using auto smart carbnuba wax on the paint work and always use silicone to dress the rubbers and plastics but what's the best way to remove the excess over-spray of the silicone on windows and body as this does inter-fear with the polish
    also what's the best way to bring the badges back too colour should i use auto smart high-style gel
    another Q = how can i remove the tiny stones in my foot-well i have a numatic wet and dry twin fan hoover but this still doesn't budge them even after brushing
    thanks .,.,Benz.,.,
    Get new badges for the sake of £15ish! If they are Mk1 GT badges nothing will bring the blue of the Fiat back up.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMike View Post
    See my other post hope you think ive gone for some good material
    Yes Mike, your order looks good. All one brand of product, rather than a mixed bag, but basically the same as what I'd suggested. I use Chemical Guys 'Natural Look Dressing' for tyres, only because I prefer the satin finish it gives - makes the tyres look new and clean, rather than shiny and slick.

What are you doing about a wax or sealant though, I didn't see any on your list?

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    do you do smart repairs?

PSC Pisshead
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Yes Mike, your order looks good. All one brand of product, rather than a mixed bag, but basically the same as what I'd suggested. I use Chemical Guys 'Natural Look Dressing' for tyres, only because I prefer the satin finish it gives - makes the tyres look new and clean, rather than shiny and slick.

What are you doing about a wax or sealant though, I didn't see any on your list?

Looking forward to seeing the results.
    Thanks Matt.
    I have been looking at the Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection section of DW as I wasnt sure If I should spend a little bit more on this part?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast