Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got any specific requests re: car care?

Banned
    Chet, i also reccomend G3 compound you can get it in halfords now not sure if its the same quality as trade product though try camberly auto factors if you want to get it, its in a yellow bottle you'll need a da as well to do it effectively. I have also used megs ultimate compound on my black gt and my friends 60s she had a red one and it looked so dated a quick polish brought up the colour straight away, check out some videos on youtube it proves it works effectively.

Yes, I agree that for optimum results you're going to need to polish the car by machine. I'm not so sure I'd jump in with Farecla G3 though, I think from the various polishes I have used, the Scholl S17+ I suggested is the most versatile - you can practically use it in any scenario, just change the pad in accordance..

Punto Lover
    Is it 'do-able' with elbow grease?

Probably, but it'd take you a long time, and the results wont be as consistant..

Banned
    Matt have you tried the megs ultimate compound? its really good stuff and smells lush.

Punto Lover
    all metallics are 2 stage, any solids that have been lacquered is from when someones blended it in and clear coated it to match the finish.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by chetchet007 View Post
    I wish I had a blue car but this one seemed to have something about it I liked.

Kyle and Matt, these abbreviations you're using e.g., DA, G3 and I take it Megs is short for meguiers?? What do they mean? Do you have links to what sort of products I'd need??
    would u sell that interior?

Sean, not tried Megs Ultimate, no. I tend to use 3M or Scholl polishes only.

Quote Originally Posted by alexgt View Post
    all metallics are 2 stage, any solids that have been lacquered is from when someones blended it in and clear coated it to match the finish.
    Yeah, metallics have to be lacquered, just wasn't sure if the Punto solid colours were or not. What you've said about solids isn't true of every car. Honda use two stage paint for their solids, as do Audi over the last 8 or 9 years. Mitsubishi on the other hand, don't..

Punto know it all
    Fiat Red is clear coated on the leading surfaces. Some of the uncared for Mk1's by now are peeling lacquer from the front bumpers and wing mirrors.
    I'm not sure about the roofs and 1/4 panels.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by cpunto View Post
    Fiat Red is clear coated on the leading surfaces. Some of the uncared for Mk1's by now are peeling lacquer from the front bumpers and wing mirrors.
    I'm not sure about the roofs and 1/4 panels.
    And the top corner of the drivers side door ever so slightly, the mentioned areas, touch wood haven't for me however I'll be giving the car a good clean as it has grubby finger prints over it after the gearbox change. That occurred earlier today.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast