Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: Anyone got any specific requests re: car care?

Punto Enthusiast
    Not sure if you've mentioned before but any tips on general interior cleaning?
    As my seats are begining to look a bit dirty.

You can use an interior shampoo or All Purpose Cleaner - spray onto the seats, work in with a nail brush, then use a damp microfibre cloth to remove the dirt. Might need a couple of hits depending how dirty they are. A wet vac at this stage would really help, but I appreciate that not everyone has one of those!!
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Bit of a thread revival. This is the one that started it all off for this forum!

So, any questions related to detailing, tips, tricks and general info requests - fire away and either myself or another clued up member will try and help
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

I have a couple of questions but not sure if you will know or in right section!!

I have been given a seat Leon Cupra r by a mate that moved to Australia in 2005, since he left it has been sat in a lorry yard exposed to the elements. The interior has mould growing every and I mean every where, seats, floor, roof, steering wheel. Is there anything to get rid of this and the smell!!

The exterior is yellow and has faded really bad in places, the bumpers, spoiler, skirts and petrol cap are reasonably good but the rest is looking terrible. Is it possible to bring it back to life?

Any tips or shall I scrap it lol.

Ideally you need a wet vac, and a load of all purpose cleaner - get yourself a nail brush too. Clean fabric using these as best you can, get it as clean as possible so you can no longer see any dirt, and then the interior needs fogging (a fogger is a sanitising machine) to kill off all germs and bacteria.

Regarding the damaged paintwork, assuming its single stage paint, a good clean and claying session will remove embedded contaminants, and then a mild-medium machine polish will restore the colour by removing the oxidised layers of paint.

Punto Enthusiast
    Unfortunately Seat Omni Yellow is clearcoated and machine polishing won't remove the fade. I've experience of this myself, it was extremely frustrating..

Punto Enthusiast
    Any advice on a car which has been sat for about 2 years
    Its got quite a bit of moss on it and what seems to be a thick layer of dust.
    Oh and cobwebs, LOTS of them
    Thanks

Or is it a case of do the same as the guy with the Curpa above ^

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213