Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Type R vs ...

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    I take it you don't remember the vids of it spitting flames out on the rev limiter in January 2005? No? I didn't exactly drive it like Miss Daisy. It had alot of power considering I was only 19 at the time

I ran a 16.8 second quarter mile yes, at 90mph. There were lads like Dan running low 15's at a similar speed. It was just me being gay
    How do we know that u wasnt being gay on the track too? if it was a one off 5 second video in the dark then no, i probably wont remember..

Im not really clear whos punto that is debo, is it urs or ur dads? Arda turned 19 last month and this is his 2nd Gt.. I blew his headgsket when he bought this punto so ive rebuilt the whole thing and gave it back to him.. Since then he's been taking care of it.

Dan, we really are going round in circles here ive owned clio's, civic's, vw's in the past, driven M-powered cars, R8's and so on.. I know the extend of the handling issues of mk1 punto.. Im just curious what my brothers punto can do on a track with combination of some corners and straights, Its give and take... Im more tempted to find out now after all this..

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    pfft flames?? Mine does that =D

If you want your car torched follow arda lol
    Billy stop licking arda's arse Punto flames are pathetic, follow me in the 200, I'll show you what 'proper' flames look like, my mate in his turbo'f zr was scared to sit behind me as was told it's spitting out 3 foot flames on lift off, on second thoughts just ask mike (shorty2289) about noise and flamage from the old datsun

And as we're waving willies about, I've dove 171 in my 200 and still had more to go but I thought, nope that's enough. I'm dying to get it on an airfield day or similar so can do a top end run

Punto know it all
    i think the only thing letting you down above 171 would be the ability of your brain to keep up and process all the info rushing in through your optic nerves! thats warp factor man.....

Punto know it all
    U think 171 in a cabin on 4 wheels is bad.. Try 299kms (186mph?) on a R1

Neil

Punto know it all
    What a willy-waving-a-thon!

No I'm best because I light my farts and get 6ft flames out my rear!

Quote Originally Posted by GP Motorsport View Post
    Well lads, while we're waving our willies around comparing top speed figures, I had an indicated 158mph out of my EP3 so that makes it faster than 140 out of a GT so keep quiet lol.

Mind you, I think my particular GT's a lot faster than the EP3 ever was in a straight out drag.
    Ive not done it, but my phallus is large. My motorcar does 170 roll on someone with a faster car :P

Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    i think the only thing letting you down above 171 would be the ability of your brain to keep up and process all the info rushing in through your optic nerves! thats warp factor man.....
    Yeah its pretty crazy, the difference between 160 and 170 is immense. I just wanted to see what she would do lol. But bottled it at 171 on my road angel as never expected it to go that far. I will only do it again if i get a chance to go on a run way, aparently at 300+hp the gearbox limits them to 175 and then by fitting either an rb25det or z32 box will remove that limit.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGTturbo View Post
    U think 171 in a cabin on 4 wheels is bad.. Try 299kms (186mph?) on a R1

Neil
    Yeah but ive seen you drive ive been in an r32 gtr at 184mph and was very very scary, but stable tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans View Post
    Ive not done it, but my phallus is large. My motorcar does 170 roll on someone with a faster car :P
    see post 72

Standard is it Not like for like. Think I'd be gone round a track too on yours

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans View Post
    Standard is it Not like for like. Think I'd be gone round a track too on yours
    arrr see now your moving the goal posts james, you never said had to be standard did you, and tbh it wouldnt be much shy of 170 standard, and my car is 14 years old

Yeah i know your right about being gone round the track but i bet i'd have more fun on the corners
    Last edited by Todd; 26th February 2011 at 18:24.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddGT View Post
    Billy stop licking arda's arse Punto flames are pathetic, follow me in the 200, I'll show you what 'proper' flames look like, my mate in his turbo'f zr was scared to sit behind me as was told it's spitting out 3 foot flames on lift off, on second thoughts just ask mike (shorty2289) about noise and flamage from the old datsun

And as we're waving willies about, I've dove 171 in my 200 and still had more to go but I thought, nope that's enough. I'm dying to get it on an airfield day or similar so can do a top end run

"Im the god of hell fire and i bring you..."

Bit of country fun

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_1RYf4uRIY"]YouTube - Movie1.wmv[/ame]

A tunnel in Holland, courtesy of Adi and Kyle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubv2kiEIwsU"]YouTube - Baron Evo Flames[/ame]

Vids or it isnt real Todd

Neil, if you want to try the GT on a track, get booked on!

Donny is a good fast layout, bit far north for you. Im sure a a morning or afternoon at Brands wont be too expensive, a lad on here posted about a track day session last week sometime...??

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast