Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Type R vs ...

Punto know it all
    Nah matt m8 u got the wrong end of the stick thats not the 280bhp civic...that 1 is about 240bhp...ardas got a video of him racing the 280bhp civic
    Last edited by bradleyboy; 24th February 2011 at 20:05.

Punto Lover
    italian power rules!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    As brad says, me and Arda were talking about a different vid regarding the 280 bhp

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Oh, and if you think Fords handle well, I turned 2 (yes, two) mk1 Focus RS' inside out at Donington Park in my Integra. They couldn't live with me, and I wouldn't exactly say I was on the limit either, as I'd only had the car 6 weeks and it was the first opportunity for me to learn more about it! Best thing you can do IMO, trackdays, especially when you get a new car, helps you learn them quicker in a safe environment.
    You are my hero. You absolutely destroyed them didn't you.

Brummy bummer
    Flol. Never driven a DC2 Teg but I'd love to, they are excellent by all accounts. I think it would take a very very skilled driver to get the best out of a Mk1 FRS, they are not easy to drive fast and really keep you on your toes!
    Last edited by MasterAuron; 24th February 2011 at 21:16.

Punto know it all
    no doubt that the type r would kill a punto around a track, that is helped by the fact that the punto wont last more than about 6laps..

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    It's likely that it had some crower cams, spoon exhaust, decat, and an improved exhaust manifold, with some sort of enclosed filter - in this instance, it'd be 230-240hp. Stripped out it would weigh 1100kg
    Correct.. thats the one in the video you have seen..The one in the video below is around 260-280 his done quite abit more work to it than the typeR you saw in the first vid (plus Ive got a mate in the car and full interior, Excuse for getting beat!lol plus his only got 1 carbon seat in the car) cant remember of the top of my head but I think his running different management aswel... he just beats me everytime off 2nd gear, by the time i spool his off, its a 13second typeR.. Will get my brother to race him off the lights soon with the car striped and only him in the car and see how that goes..

After the end of 4th I left of cause one there wasnt any point carrying on lol and been having some crank pulley nut issues.. sorted now though.. (watch out for the 400bhp astra gsi)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-czIMlREFw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-czIMlREFw[/ame]

Oh and another one of that typeR that you said kept up well side to side..not this time

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgKY64u8m0M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgKY64u8m0M[/ame]

Punto Lover
    As this is a Punto forum it's always going to be biased and rightly so.

When I had it I loved my GT and in a straight line it would have edged away from the Civic. However, that's the only thing it would do better than the Honda. Out of box the Civic is a far better package in every department, handling, braking, build quality, even steering (as woolly as the EPAS can be).

The rust comment made me lol Dan. The GT was a rot box whereas the Civic is lovely and clean underneath.

Punto know it all
    The 260bhp civic is running honda datatek or wateva its called some sort of managment £1000 induction kit somethIng like 800 for the exhaust its got cams and bigger inlet manifolds everything to make it between 260 and 280bhp

Punto Lover
    fook the punto and civic look at that astra!

Ah, didn't know there was another vid.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyboy View Post
    The 260bhp civic is running honda datatek or wateva its called some sort of managment £1000 induction kit somethIng like 800 for the exhaust its got cams and bigger inlet manifolds everything to make it between 260 and 280bhp
    Looks like it's running everything except a supercharger. N/A you just can't get them to 280hp without increasing the capacity, and literally spending £10k. If you go on CTROC you could count the number of stroked EP3's on one hand! The kit costs about £4k, by kit I mean high comp pistons, conrods and a crank!! Its ridiculous. Jap tax aint it! There's no £1000 induction kit, the most expensive is a Gruppe-M which is £500. Exhausts are. 800-1500 for a named one. Welcome to tuning a jap car with jap brands, lol the best mod is a supercharger by far, you get to keep the standard engines characteristics, except with a 40-60% increase in power. This would cost you £3k fitted, do you see what I mean? That's why most big powered EP3's are supercharged, its cost effective. Of course the one that runs 9.8 second 1/4 miles is about 800hp and turbo'd but you know what I mean

Neil, I'll look at the vids tomorrow, am on my phone tonight. So who's in the vid with the "260-280hp" CTR, Arda? Or is that one Cretin?! I'm losing touch with what's going on.. As the first 230ish hp CTR got edged by Arda's 250hp GT yeah?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast