Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my 2.0 16v at pod runs a 13.5 standard engine running 1.2 bar!

Gearbox Abuser
    See but my reasoning was why strip it out and put it on slicks when that's not my road weight or setup. 13.0 was a true reflection of the car as how I used it day to day.

12s were defo possible. Reckon Aki will easily hit low 12s on his new engine if he can launch it right and not break the gearbox or other components.

Gearbox Abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    who on god greens earth goes to a RWYB and pays money to go up the strip with a boot full of axle stands, trolley jack etc.? tools as well and then hopes to get the best time possible. come off it. youd need every one of your 330 horses.

i mean who?
    Me? Lol

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by minifreak View Post
    See but my reasoning was why strip it out and put it on slicks when that's not my road weight or setup. 13.0 was a true reflection of the car as how I used it day to day.

12s were defo possible. Reckon Aki will easily hit low 12s on his new engine if he can launch it right and not break the gearbox or other components.
    I didn't say slicks, surely it would have benefited from better road tyres?

Nor did I say strip it out but if you used the car day-to-day full of tools, axle stands and a jack it wasn't that well built was it? Taking that stuff out and running in a more "normal" road spec would have give a more accurate representation of the cars ability imo.

I know you've got the car back but it could have been a missed opportunity and would stop you having to list a bootfull of stuff as an excuse to why the car didn't make the times it should.

Gearbox Abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    I didn't say slicks, surely it would have benefited from better road tyres?

Nor did I say strip it out but if you used the car day-to-day full of tools, axle stands and a jack it wasn't that well built was it? Taking that stuff out and running in a more "normal" road spec would have give a more accurate representation of the cars ability imo.

I know you've got the car back but it could have been a missed opportunity and would stop you having to list a bootfull of stuff as an excuse to why the car didn't make the times it should.
    For reference I kept the tools in there as I'm a lazy **** who couldn't be assed to take them out. If you had ever met me then youd have met my blasse' attitude towards my car and having to prove its potential. I left it in at pod as I again couldnt be bothered to take it out. Yer it had a few problems here and there but if you was actually around back in them days then you'd know that I had a complete lack of mechanical sympaty for my cars. Hence why I've broken more gearboxes than I've owned cars! And that I only ever done 3 drag runs and managed to snap a driveshaft and the 5th gear casing lol

Dont quite understand why you've felt the need to try and dig me out about it! 13.0@116mph is a ****ing respectable time and the only way to improve that is by putting better rubber on the car.
    1/4 miles and bhp figures are just pub talk, for example my skyline did a 11.8@112. But on the road with Rich in the Punto (he drove it gently) he pissed all over the skyline! Fact is a FWD car is never designed to launch!

Wanna dig me out about the fact I never washed it either? Lol

You cant blame tyres too much, its a glue'd track. You either have road tyres or drag slicks.

I would at least take all the rammel out next time Greg. Im sure i have a video of it doing one of the quicker times, going years back now.

Gearbox Abuser
    Glue, that's so 2008 lol way after my time lol

Yer there's a couple of vids on YouTube but due to the 1 frame per 5 second camera phones It sort defeats the object lol

I'm still in 2 minds to resurrect it or bury it and sell her for parts!

Brummy bummer
    I'm not trying to dig you out about it champ I'm being 100% un-serious. You don't have to justify anything to me, a 13 second quarter is a quick car in my book.

You should have washed it though.

Quote Originally Posted by minifreak View Post
    Glue, that's so 2008 lol way after my time lol

Yer there's a couple of vids on YouTube but due to the 1 frame per 5 second camera phones It sort defeats the object lol

I'm still in 2 minds to resurrect it or bury it and sell her for parts!
    I hope it looks better now than the last time I saw it it looked shocking!
    Punto Gt no more!

Gearbox Abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    I'm not trying to dig you out about it champ I'm being 100% un-serious. You don't have to justify anything to me, a 13 second quarter is a quick car in my book.

You should have washed it though.
    You'd be disgused to see my skyline wheels.

These are actually clean :-)

Gearbox Abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I hope it looks better now than the last time I saw it it looked shocking!
    When did u see it mate?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast