Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just a quick clean

Punto Lover
    thanks alan. i feel a meet shortly as there seems to be a couple of gt's popping up lately. maybe tag along with the fiat coupe forum lads.

Punto Lover
    i'd love to man but im still in oz lol and dont see meself going home for a while yet havin to much fun

Punto Lover
    didnt no you were over there mate. lucky bastard. weather is shocking over here. freezing most nights.

you working?

Punto Lover
    yeah im here about 4 months now its brill and the weather is fab it was 36c today and haven't seen rain in weeks

no not working yet still dossing about but ill need to start work soon tho before i run outta money lol

Punto know it all
    with all that poke under the bonnet id take a look at your front brakes. your only getting a smidgen of pad contact by the looks of it.

oh and whats it like compared to the 1.4?

Punto Lover
    spot on stuart, the discs have a small lip on them and because the brackets have moved the pads a fraction they dont make full contact near the outside of the disc. The lip is pretty small so i hope the pads will wear it away over a couple of miles.

to be honest i cant really compare it to a proper gt or a well modified one as the engine i had before was down on a cylinder but stupid me still wacked on a huge turbo without known. Made ok power but only came to action at 4000rpm!!! Still it comes nowhere near the power of the 20vt. With the turbo being on the larger size of the gt2871r family it is at its ease with the set up i have now and once these forged stuff come through the door it will put to the test.

when driving you can just feel the power. The second gear pull is breathtaking and havent went much further than that untill i receive my bigger injectors as i have a gut feeling its running lean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12