Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vandals lurking in the shadows

Without adequate signage the CCTV would be inadmissible, but at least YOU'LL know who did it.

Stupid law, I know - why do we have to warn potential 'thieves'.. last time I checked, thieving itself was illegal.

Punto know it all
    We have CCTV out here and I'm sure Dan would agree in armley you need it

I also have a breaker bar by the kitchen door

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by cragterharris View Post
    Inch drive torque wrench
    Honestly officer I might get a puncture and need to change to my non existent spare wheel
    You've got the right idea chap Ive recently upgraded to a breaker bar, i'll probably keep both in the car though. Can't be too careful C*NTstable

Punto Lover
    its probs some pissed up pr%^ks how had nothing better to do on there stagger home than to wreck a few cars on the way. had the same done to me when i first got my gt
    i wouldnt even botter with the old fuzz when i rang them when my gt got wrecked they asked me for my frigging licence, mot, insurance ect and threatend me with a fine as i had just move address and had not changed the address on my licence and gave me a producer as i couldnt find my counter part at 2am fu%^ing knobs

Punto Lover
    cctv is a good idea, but having experience with the police and cctv as im a security systems engineer, if the cameras you have arent of a good enough quality they will just watch the footage, laugh and tell you they cant do nothing. I would try and get the camera as close to face height as possible and make sure its very clear! Its worth puttin a security light above the camera but not in view of the camera, as it will drown the night image.
    A good company that we use is dynamic cctv, there in middlesbrough, but have a website etc. The cameras are around £100 each, go for a dtv/vld external vandal proof, there 12vdc and work down to 0.002 lux, theve recently brought out a 600tv line model which is pretty good for the price. We use these cameras on every site and we wont use anything else below this model spec/cost.
    They do need to be manually focused, this can easily be done with 2 people, or a test monitor. Use a peice of welding glass over the lense when you do it, as this will flick the camera into night mode and gives you a better image to focus the lense with. What i see normally is someone trying to install cctv, they focus it ok for daytime use, but as soon as its dark the image is pants. It might look ok in daylight but it changes alot at night.
    Also if you have a recorder, have a google for the best recording rate your recorder offers. H.264 etc etc

hope ive helped
    Last edited by rikkimod; 31st January 2011 at 19:47.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by matts.gt1 View Post
    its probs some pissed up pr%^ks how had nothing better to do on there stagger home than to wreck a few cars on the way. had the same done to me when i first got my gt
    i wouldnt even botter with the old fuzz when i rang them when my gt got wrecked they asked me for my frigging licence, mot, insurance ect and threatend me with a fine as i had just move address and had not changed the address on my licence and gave me a producer as i couldnt find my counter part at 2am fu%^ing knobs
    lol you know but i live in a land of zigzags not near the main rd but its true i have set a night vision cctv cam up good pic too about 50 mtrs it still pics up a good picture

thanks guys and i need too find these fools before they do more i have a baby due any time last thing i need is too be on the way to hospital and the brakes fail ..... o ... **** ....

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by B3NZARMY View Post
    lol you know but i live in a land of zigzags not near the main rd but its true i have set a night vision cctv cam up good pic too about 50 mtrs it still pics up a good picture

thanks guys and i need too find these fools before they do more i have a baby due any time last thing i need is too be on the way to hospital and the brakes fail ..... o ... **** ....
    arr... dont that aint even funny dude

Punto Enthusiast
    Sorry to hear that Ben i wished i had CCTV when someone backed into my van a couple of yrs back and wrote the thing off all i had for evidence was some paint scrapes ,just hope you catch the scum that did it but would be hard to prove first time round

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by richie rich View Post
    Sorry to hear that Ben i wished i had CCTV when someone backed into my van a couple of yrs back and wrote the thing off all i had for evidence was some paint scrapes ,just hope you catch the scum that did it but would be hard to prove first time round
    **** that's harsh sorry mate
    but honest ill find this little git see what happens after

Punto Lover
    Best thing I have seen is when I serviced a cops alfa, he had about ft and half long of a heavy duty power cable (about 3/4 inch thick) wouldn't want that hitting you! And office it's not a weapon it's just a offcut

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast