Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf remapped and tuned

You change cars quicker than the royal mail could deliver new policy docs and the DVLA V5s, how does that work? lol

cupra was wrote of , still got the punto gt

Punto know it all
    thought you had sold it?

guy left £100 never came back

Quote Originally Posted by GTjosieGT View Post
    guy left £100 never came back

Did penetration occur?

ad hope so after he seen my GT

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by batesey View Post
    ill eat humble pie then a mate of mine had his mapped with a exhaust, filter and only made 185, guess it depends on the mapper
    VW/Audi were very sly with this engine, and the setup it was supplied with.... things like the 225bhp TT come with the equivalent of (in the punto world at least) the SEB4 physical upgrades, ie different turbo, injectors and fuel pump.

My 1.8 20VT was the 150bhp variant (Passat Sport) so the map I have at 200ish brake is pretty much at the extent of the turbo's (K03) capabilities (I've a decat to go on and potentially would also fit a catback)

Other turbos used with this engine are the K03s and K04

The 225 TT's see 265 just with a map.

Another thing these engines don't particularily like is an open induction source (ie cone filter) and perform much better with the standard airbox drilled, and a sports filter such as a K&N.

Another thing to watch out for with these engines is although you may tune/upgrade to get bigger power (I mean once you hit over 230-240) but don't expect to get very far before the dual mass flywheel/clutch setup decides to fail, as these are rated at around 220bhp max (IIRC) and are expensive to replace, infact most will change to a single mass flywheel as they are far cheaper to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Stavros View Post
    VW/Audi were very sly with this engine, and the setup it was supplied with.... things like the 225bhp TT come with the equivalent of (in the punto world at least) the SEB4 physical upgrades, ie different turbo, injectors and fuel pump.

My 1.8 20VT was the 150bhp variant (Passat Sport) so the map I have at 200ish brake is pretty much at the extent of the turbo's (K03) capabilities (I've a decat to go on and potentially would also fit a catback)

Other turbos used with this engine are the K03s and K04

The 225 TT's see 265 just with a map.

Another thing these engines don't particularily like is an open induction source (ie cone filter) and perform much better with the standard airbox drilled, and a sports filter such as a K&N.

Another thing to watch out for with these engines is although you may tune/upgrade to get bigger power (I mean once you hit over 230-240) but don't expect to get very far before the dual mass flywheel/clutch setup decides to fail, as these are rated at around 220bhp max (IIRC) and are expensive to replace, infact most will change to a single mass flywheel as they are far cheaper to acquire.
    spot on

mines uses original air box with k and n panel filter infact 2 mins al get a pic of engine bay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12