Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sporting conversion ??

Punto Enthusiast

Sporting conversion ??

Hi all just wonderin wat is the easiest conversion that I can do to my sporting 1.2 because I think the engin is broke cos the water in my coolin has froze and bust the water tank and bin told it could of done some damage in the engine so any help would be nice thanks

Punto know it all
    Easiest? 1.2 16v engine.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    GT conversion

hopefully i will have everything you need in 1 hit in a few weeks

Punto Enthusiast
    sorry ment to put if i do need the engine replacing i wont to put a bigger engin in it

and my post is a bigger engine, its a 1.4 tubby

Punto Lover
    Todd, sell me the engine and all the bits to wack into my misses is sporting. And I will sell matt the sporting lump lol

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd1 View Post
    Hi all just wonderin wat is the easiest conversion that I can do to my sporting 1.2 because I think the engin is broke cos the water in my coolin has froze and bust the water tank and bin told it could of done some damage in the engine so any help would be nice thanks
    I would replace these first (above in bold) than just jump into swapping an engine? upto you though

Punto Enthusiast
    Yep! For more power and biger engine go for the 1.4 GT but easiest it's the 1.2 16V. Straight swap nothing else to worry about. If you put a 1.4 GT then don't forget it is not just then engine itself you're changing, you'll need brakes and suspension mate.And THINK ABOUT INSURANCE ASWELL ! Once they know it's not your original engine ... then its classed as modified and brings your insurance up and the premium won't be quoted just as a 1.4 GT but As 1.4 GT Modified as they won't know other bits such as brakes have been upgraded..Best think to do is get a 1.4 GT as a whole car.

1.4GT engine + Sporting Body = Not Worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by AbarthGT View Post
    Yep! For more power and biger engine go for the 1.4 GT but easiest it's the 1.2 16V. Straight swap nothing else to worry about. If you put a 1.4 GT then don't forget it is not just then engine itself you're changing, you'll need brakes and suspension mate.And THINK ABOUT INSURANCE ASWELL ! Once they know it's not your original engine ... then its classed as modified and brings your insurance up and the premium won't be quoted just as a 1.4 GT but As 1.4 GT Modified as they won't know other bits such as brakes have been upgraded..Best think to do is get a 1.4 GT as a whole car.

1.4GT engine + Sporting Body = Not Worth it!
    Not completely true, quite a few people on here have proved that insuring a GT conversion can be equal to or less than insurance on a genuine GT. Also some of the nicest looking mk1's on here have been conversions and you'd never know it used to be a sporting.

To the original poster, you'd be best off buying a doner GT. I may have complete car for sale in January. Can use everything you need and then break the rest. Either that or can sell you everything required to do a conversion? If interested let me know

GT for sale yellow lots of mods 68k mileage £1200 - in the for sale thread Tax and Tested

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast