Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: What next?

Punto Lover
    well evo 4 ive heard can give quite a bit of engine trouble as compaired to the 5 or 6, and the STI are very heavy on the go go's

i like the coupa but u may get gearbox trouble as they seem to be a week point in all vag's, and as said a nice clean mk3 astra gsi would be nice or type r

Punto know it all
    I realise none of them are going to be a pocket rocket like a GT, and to answer your question dan i don't really care for size or comforts - that's more of a bonus having never owned anything more well equipped than a GT. I'd rather performance and to have something i can play with and keep / tune without spending ridiculous money on. for example getting my GT to (or past) seb4, with the turbo etc would probably pay the difference on insurance on a subaru or evo.

It wouldnt.

Ring up a few insurance companies and they'll laugh you off the phone if you want to insure an Impreza.

People can insure Evos and Imprezas at 20-21, but you're looking at thousands, £5000+

What is the budget?? Id say Pulsar, but they have a better reputation for breaking than anything other feature.

Todd is right in suggesting an S body.

If you want performance rather than anything else, but realisitically you're limited by your age, id say a DC2 Integra, maybe a DC5 but i think that would be out of your price range.

I think to insure a DC2 would be out of his price range aswell, they're what was formally Group 18!!

I think you're going to struggle. Clio 172 or EP3 are the only serious contenders, but both will be expensive to insure due to your age.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    If you want peformance i'd say an s14/s14a all day long. Even in standard form at circa 200, the power delivery is awesome. Anybody that has been in one will confirm this. And it is a lot of car for your money. But as Dan says insurance on evo, scoobs is rediculous. Put things in prospective mags

I pay £860 fully comp on my 14a, all mods declared with estimated power output 300bhp.
    Quoted for Evo VII RS, with just breathing mods, £3000

And my 14a is a group 18, there is a massive jump to the rally cars, like evo's, scoobs.

It all depends what you want from the car too mags, if you want a car that is ready and dont have to spend on it, or if want something that can improve into something better. Out of the box ready to go, i'd choose honda all day long tbh

Get an Evo 8 MR though for def, drove me and the missus up to Harrogate in it yesturday in excellent comfort, good sound from the music system, could overtake with ease, and then kaned the tits off it over Menwith hill back to Leeds and nearly made the missus cry

I was quoted £5500 for an Impreza P1 not long before i bought the Evo, feck knows why the Imprezas are even worse on insurance!

Punto know it all
    I should of been a bit clearer about insurance, when i say it'll be an issue, i mean i don't want to spend crazy money (something like 5k+ is just daft).
    I suppose things like evo's and subaru's are a higher risk than things like a 200, performance honda's etc, in fact to prove a point i got a quote on a twin turbo supra for 2.5k, and an impreza sti was 5k (not that i'm buying a supra, but just for comparison!)
    Might look into 200's in fact todd, rather have a car that's a good base to go from and improve than an N/A that's already as good as its going to get.

Punto Lover
    save ya money untill your 25 as insurence on any fast turbo car is going to be sky high, keep ya punto or try a starlet,

if your willing to get raped by insurence then astra gsi, scubby, evo, s14, audi tt and so on

if you want something that is an alround good car and give you a feeling of being fast get a civic type-r just lacks power but makes up for it in noise and handling

Punto know it all
    I can get insured on s14a for 2k so i highly doubt an audi TT or Astra will 'rape me' for insurance, evo and scooby yes Not a fan of civics, but got some ideas now guys cheers.

Punto know it all
    How about a 200 silvia?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast