Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: What next?

Punto know it all

What next?

Thinking of getting replacing the GT in the new year, got some comp coming through from a bike accident but not really sure what to go for! Don't want to just buy something for the sake of spending money.

Still want something turbo and quicker than the GT (i would add it should handle better, but that shouldn't be difficult :lol) not too fussed about how new it is (i'll go older if it's the right choice!)
    Initial cost isn't the main problem, it's maintenance and insurance which will be the issue.

Only options i've seriously considered are a leon cupra 225, Older evo (4,5 or 6), Subaru Impreza STI and perhaps the baby of the skyline family (although that's hardly a practical choice )

Anyone got any suggestions or thoughts on the above? Only sensible choice of them seems to be the leon but that doesn't seem far off a GT and as i said i'm not particularly bothered about it being modern, extra luxuries etc.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    How old are you mags as when I was 26 I couldn't get insured on an evo for under 3k.

How about Ibiza cupra, James had one and was pretty quick. Easy to get over 200hp too.

Also obviously I'm gonna suggest an s body

Punto know it all
    20 Todd, do you mean James as in my mate? As he also has one
    Not a massive fan of the Ibiza's, although they're quick - thing is if i get one i'll always regret not being the leon i reckon

My mates got a 340bhp leon and my 200 used to smash it

Leons are pretty crap IMO. Thought about Audi s3? The old shape.

And I ment James_666, his was a circa 230hp

Type-R of some description. They'll provide as much fun as you can have with your clothes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Type-R of some description. They'll provide as much fun as you can have with your clothes on...
    Genuine good call, except he says he wants a tubby.

Considered a fiesta RS turbo?
    Starlet GT turbo, my mates old one used to handle awesome and was Mega quick. Take a lot more stick than the Punto.

Mags there are so many out there, The Vauxhall turbo's are good engines (c20's&z20's) possibly nice astra gsi, circa 200 as standard?

Punto know it all
    Ah yea meant to add astra mk4 gsi to that list! That and the Leon were my main thoughts. Thanks for the ideas so far guys.

Well from the list so far, I'd only give a moments thought to any of the 4,5,6 Evo's - everything else is just old crap!

No chance of insurance on any Evo or Impreza at 20 Mags, not without taking a tunnel boring machine the like of which dug the channel tunnel up your arsehole...

Skyline is probably the same.

Astra GSi and Cupras and stuff arnt really engaging turbo cars, wont feel turbo'd the same way a GT will, not that im saying stick with a GT!

Depends what you want in size, comfort and performance.

I recently gave my mates 182 trophey a hammering and i came back laughing my tits off, unreal little cars so id say something like that if your after something newer than a GT, and in th same way an EP3 type R aswell!!

agree with dan, why does it have to be a turbo?

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast